Question about pre-paying Sail and Sign

HarleyGirl

I have prepaid my sail and sign account by buying the funship dollars a little at a time through Bon Voyage. I called today to ask whether a credit card would still be required and a hold put on it when we board the ship. I know that when you call Carnival you will get many different answers to the same question--all depending on who you speak with. So, I wanted to verify with you guys whether they will indeed place a hold on my card (NOT charge it, place a HOLD on it) when I check in, even though my Sail and Sign has been paid up already.

The guy on the phone told me that they will still ask for a credit card number when I get there, but that they will NOT place a hold on it, and that then I will get on the ship and they will then see that it's been pre-paid and the card wont have a hold.

Can anyone verify that this is indeed correct? I am expecting that my checking acct. balance will be too low the day of the cruise to place a hold on my check card and with only one more payday coming up I seriously doubt I will be able to leave any money in it for that! Needless to say, been spending it like crazy the past few weeks trying to get ready for our first trip. Thanks for any input you guys have about this dilemma!

You should be fine. I'm pretty sure that is true. Now on your cruise, if you come close to charging more than your balance in funship dollars, they may put a hold on your card. They just wanna make sure they get their money. :rolleyes: Hope this helps!

Harleygirl,

It is really simple. Yes they will ask for a credit card but you dont have to give it to them. Tell them you are paying cash and have an OBC and will setup your S&S account with the purser. They will then issue you your S&S card but it will not have any charge privileges activated.

Dave

How have you been? You cleared it right up for me! I'm glad you told me that--eases my mind a LOT. Now, the biggest issue is black bikini or red bikini. Hmmmm....the problems we cruises have to deal with huh? Thanks a lot!!!

LOL, you can always mix and match, red bottom/black top or vice versus.:D

We have been doing fine, cruising alot because of the low prices. Of course winning $1K at bingo helps. Maybe one day we will get to sail at the same time.

Dave

Always great to get a guy's perspective on these things! We're doing the Nov.13 Fantasy from N.O. and they've dropped the prices on our OV GTY twice so far. The lowest room is down to 269 now. I think it might drop again because there are still lots of cabins available. If ya'll can fit it into your schedule, why don't ya come along? I have a roll call thread going over there if you decide to join us!

Archived