zydecocruiser

newlywedcruisers

If you want to walk about a mile or so with a case of bottled water, there is a Super WalMart. Or see if you can bride the limo driver to make an extra stop?

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5022

1901 Tchoupitoulas Street

New Orleans, LA 70130

(504) 522-4142

In the area of the terminal, some places come to mind, but I don't know that the prices would be any different than the cruise ship. They gotcha and they know it. :mad:

At Julia and Convention Blvd is this place:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/NOLA_6_2_05/BYqqubIy1UsJ+XfvHN95zj0TQIjeY43n0300.jpg

Inside the Riverwalk Mall is another place, but I was somewhat shocked by the prices...

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/nola_7_4_2006/river_Store.jpg

Here is what the area looks like pre-Katrina and the new terminal (pic of the lot towards the bottom).

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/nola_6205.htm

Hey zydecocruiser,

can you tell me if they have a liquor in the terminal? or just the one in the picture you have? We are staying at the Embassy Suites, and I believe they are on Julia St as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the Super Walmart, Dont want to walk a mile with water/pop but good to know there is one close by. May have to walk there and get a ride home. Does the street car/trolly go by there or a bus system?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll have more questions later.:)

Hey zydecocruiser,

can you tell me if they have a liquor in the terminal? or just the one in the picture you have? We are staying at the Embassy Suites, and I believe they are on Julia St as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the Super Walmart, Dont want to walk a mile with water/pop but good to know there is one close by. May have to walk there and get a ride home. Does the street car/trolly go by there or a bus system?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll have more questions later.:)

No liquor stores in the Riverwalk. They do sell individual beers at the food court.

Dave

Embassy Suites is a block from the Cajun Market, but if you are going to spend the night there are other choices.

I think Got It also sold some liquor, but if so, would be overpriced.

There are liquor stores, but it can also be sold in grocery and drug stores and just about anywhere that wants to.

Not sure of the hours, but I would try somewhere like this:

Vieux Carre Wine & Spirits

422 Chartres St

New Orleans, LA 70130-2102View Map

(504) 568-9463

Editorial Description

Wine merchant featuring extensive wine, beer and spirits selection, in addition to cheeses and snacks. Wine can be sampled by the glass.

Archived