Inifinity 14-Day Hawaii Cruise (10/22/06): Dress Code

Cruising Newbie

I will be boarding my first cruise ship next Sunday afternoon with my new bride for our honeymoon. My main concern at this point is the dress code for the ship. This is exceptionally important because I have kept our honeymoon destination a secret from my fiancé, however, I need to tell her how she needs to pack. Through conversations with my TA I have learned that I should expect two formal nights, two informal nights and the remainder will be casual dress. Does this sound about right?

The last thing I want to do is be under dressed and stick out like a sore thumb, but, both my fiancé and I aren't big formal dressers. Can any of you experience cruising vets out there provide we with any tips on what the status quo is for the formal, informal and casual nights, and how many of each we can expect on a 14-day cruise.

Thanks for any help you're able to provide,

Cruising Newbie

Did this cruise last year for T-day and it is wonderful!!! Congrats and have a great time! I think (but not sure) you might have 3 "formal" nights...but..formal can be MANY things to many people! For you (and most gentleman cruisers today) ...a suit and tie will be plenty...and then you can change out and wear the pants with a nice shirt for an "informal" night...you don't really need a "tux"..unless you WANT to!..For your bride...black is very easy and interchangable! A "little black dress"...a la Audrey Hepburn..can be perfect...different jewlery, a scarf, a "shrug" (she'll know what that means!) to make it look different each time and/or black "party" pants..with several different tops will work well too! She can bring an "evening bag" for her lipstick etc and some "evening shoes" to dress up the dress and or pants...90% of your time will be spent walking around the ship/islands/etc...to be honest...worry more about what to take to be "comfortable" if it is hot/humid/wet etc.!!! I'm sure you will both shine either way!!!! Enjoy and have a wonderful life!! LuAnn

Cruising Newbie, we'll be on your cruise next week!

We'll have 3 Formal nights, 4 Informal Nights, and 7 Casual Evenings.

How exciting for you both...

This will be our 3rd Hawaii cruise, and we always enjoy the island atmosphere.

Looking forward to meeting you both!

Karyn and Bill

What does "Casual" wear usually consist of aboard Celebrity? I find "Casual" wear means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

I always think "Country Club Casual". No jeans...khaki's for men, and slacks for women. Even nice cropped pants are O.K. Sometimes the diningroom can be a little cool, so have your new wife bring something light to wear if she get cold. The gift shops always have different colored shawls...if needed.

Karyn

Casual wear for men: dockers or nice pants and either a polo type shirt or button down. For women: sundress, blouse and skirt outfit, nice pants or even dress capris with a cute top.

What I do for formal night: cocktail type dresses or cocktail lounge pants with a fancy top--you can go the gown route too, but since it's a surprise that might be me more difficult if this will be last minute purchases on top of a wedding coming up! Shoes and handbag--again fancy attire or something that can pass and be versatile enough to mix and match hopefully. She may also require a "wrap/shawl/cardigan as sometimes it gets a bit chilly in evenings. On all of my X cruises the ship sold various colored shawls--for 10$! My DH wears a nice dark suit and varies it with different dress shirts and ties for the various evenings.

Informal: this is a step between casual and formal: personally I just wear another nice dress, but not quite as fancy as the formal attire. My spouse wears nicer dress pants, a blazer and a tie or no tie.

I hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon and enjoy it to the max without letting attire stress you out too much. You can always buy somethings on ship if needed. I have seen them sell generic formal attire.

Wow what a great husband to be you sound like with a wonderful surprise for your bride. Congrats!

Archived