Coral [and any Princess ship] spa question

Tarheelbelle

Having sailed on Princess a number of times and my 2 most recent Princess cruises being on the Coral, I have never had to pay a fee to use the Lotus Spa pools or hot tubs or lounges that are designated as adult only. I am curious whether a fee is now being charged, because another cruiseline on which I am booked has just added a $15/day pp or $60/cruise pp fee to use their similar area. Is this a new industry standard or just NCL? I hope the latter, as I will no longer cruise with them if they are the only ones charging for this. I shouldn't have strayed from Princess, I know, but wanted to sail from New Orleans this fall...:o

Can't answer you question, but I note that you sailed on the Constitution when I was an onboard entertainer .... :D I've recently assisted in helping with a history of the Indy and Connie, including pictures from that time ..... sorry to hijack your thread. :rolleyes:

SS Independence & SS Constitution

Oooh – sorry to hijack the thread further, but horrible end to Constitution. I had the bittersweet experience of seeing Independence while she was at Mare Island in Vallejo when NCL first announced plans to bring her back into service. Then suddenly she was gone – it was good to see she only went as far as San Francisco.

Oooh – sorry to hijack the thread further, but horrible end to Constitution. I had the bittersweet experience of seeing Independence while she was at Mare Island in Vallejo when NCL first announced plans to bring her back into service. Then suddenly she was gone – it was good to see she only went as far as San Francisco.

Sorry, Tarheelbelle ...

They were 2 great ladies of the sea. Actually, the Connie is intact ... at the bottom of the Pacific just north of where she served her final days. Not a bad burial. I'm afraid the Indy will not be so lucky .......

Sorry, Tarheelbelle ...

They were 2 great ladies of the sea. Actually, the Connie is intact ... at the bottom of the Pacific just north of where she served her final days. Not a bad burial. I'm afraid the Indy will not be so lucky .......

Ships have souls of their own – it seems Constitution wasn’t about to be lead to the breakers and did herself in. You’re right – it could have been worse.

Sorry, Tarheelbelle ...

Thanks for posting the website. I loved my cruise on the Constitution. I wondered if you were in a trio of singers. The entertainment was really fun!

I have some good photos that I took on that cruise, and lots of happy memories.

But back to my original question...surely SOMEONE knows if they are now charging for the adult-only spa areas on Princess!!

They only charge for what is called 'The Sanctuary' but it is only on the Crown Princess. It is part of the 'Adult-Only pool', the rest of the lotus pool facilities on the Princess ships are free. I have not been on the Crown but there is lots of info . . . do a search and you will find out what it is all about.

Thanks for posting the website. I loved my cruise on the Constitution. I wondered if you were in a trio of singers. The entertainment was really fun!

I have some good photos that I took on that cruise, and lots of happy memories.

But back to my original question...surely SOMEONE knows if they are now charging for the adult-only spa areas on Princess!!

I'll bring your original question back to the top. ;)

No, I was in the quartet (Sea Breeze). We did the production shows.

I will attempt to answer your question by telling you that on our recent 15 day Island Princess cruise my husband purchased a pass to their "sanctuary" area. He was charged $140.00 for unlimited usage of that area which included 4 warm tile loungers, 3 steam rooms (different types) and a sauna. There was no charge for using the Lotus pool area.

On past cruises you could use this "sanctuary" area in conjunction with a purchased treatment like a massage but that practice has been discontinued. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Maureen

I will attempt to answer your question by telling you that on our recent 15 day Island Princess cruise my husband purchased a pass to their "sanctuary" area. He was charged $140.00 for unlimited usage of that area which included 4 warm tile loungers, 3 steam rooms (different types) and a sauna. There was no charge for using the Lotus pool area.

On past cruises you could use this "sanctuary" area in conjunction with a purchased treatment like a massage but that practice has been discontinued. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

That was a great cruise and it was good to meet you. You are absolutely correct with one minor correction (or two). If they do no sell enough sanctuary passes you can pay $15 for a day pass and there were a couple of specials that included a half hour in the sanctuary. Carol got the special and spent 60 minutes in there because there was a miss communication and they thought she had not arrived. Since there is no clock in there Carol only came out because she thought she was about to melt!

Paul

Maureen

Just off Coral canal transit. As Maureen says, one-time sanctuary use is not free in conjunction with a purchased service (but I don't think they'd really know if you walked in like you owned the place).

They do, however, give you a price break on the unlimited use pass if you have other services scheduled. We had several (massage, Rasul, etc.) set up on line (pre-cruise) and when we went by the spa to double check (on embarkation day) they offered us the unlimited pass (for both of us on a 15-day cruise) for $91. With daily visits, that came out to about $3 per person per visit - we took it and enjoyed it thouroughly.

The Coral "Thermal Suite" has a charge - that's the room with the stone loungers, the three small steam rooms (Mild, Tropical and Aromatic), and the two rainforest showers (complete with cool mist feature). Can you tell I liked it. :D

The Lotus pool with the retractable roof, and the attached hot tub spas have no charge.

After my last cruise, where I basically told them to send up the future cruise lady to get me on a B2B so I'd never have to leave the heated stone bed, I've become thermal suite convert. I never want to sail without it, if I can.

Lucky for my wallet the next cruise was sold out.

Archived