Home from Navigator 10/7-10/14 Cruise!

Well we're safely home from another wonderful cruise. Even though the rainy day at sea caused me to miss the Meet and Mingle it was a faboulous cruise Eastern Itinerary !

As soon as I collect my thoughts I'll post a detailed review. In the meantime, if anyone has questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

I can't wait to read your review. I will be traveling on her Thanksgiving week. It will be my first time on a voyager class ship. Who was the cruise director? What was your favorite activity? Did you do the trivia? Was it hard? Tell us everything! :) I am too excited to sleep!!!!!!

Take Care,

Patty

Well we're safely home from another wonderful cruise. Even though the rainy day at sea caused me to miss the Meet and Mingle it was a faboulous cruise Eastern Itinerary !

As soon as I collect my thoughts I'll post a detailed review. In the meantime, if anyone has questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

I am really interested in reading your review of your recent sailing on the Navigator and I would like to hear what you have to say before I leave on Oct. 28th. Thanks for hearing me out....! I know many of us sailing with RCCL NOS during our upcoming trip would be interested in hearing all the recent NOS reviews.

CincinnatiGAL

NOS October 28 cruise

First let me give some background on our little group, there were 6 of us all adults DH and I have sailed on 8 cruises all on RCI, the other 3 in our group were all first time cruisers.

Pre Cruise

We stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental Friday night. We arrived in FLL early on Friday afternoon, so we had lots of time to explore Bayside and get rested up for the cruise. I can't say enough about this hotel, it was great! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel for a pre cruise stay. At 6:00 a.m. I woke my DH up to join me as we watched the ships come in, The NOS was awesome and shorthly after the Navigator came in next came in the Carnival Triumph it was cool to see both ships that morning but there was no comparison the NOS was far more superior.

The following morning we made a quick run to Walgreens and then we jumped in 2 cabs and we were on our way to the ship. Cab fare from the hotel to the Port of Miami was $10. After we handed our bags over to the porters and took care of tips we were all set to enter the terminal.

Well fellow cruise critics, I think our secret is out, everyone gets to the port early now. We were met with a long line at the door, but it moved quickly and we were up the escalators and through the first security checkpoint and waiting in the checkin line.

Thank goodness we're Platinum status, that helped tremendously, the ship was undergoing a Custom inspection so no one was allowed to board the ship before noon. In this case priority boarding really came in handy.

The ship was beautiful! its funny that no matter how many times I cruise I still get that funny feeling of excitement mixed with anticipation as I walk up the gangway to step onboard for the first time. Now the other members in our group were first time cruisers so they were "done" when the taxi crossed the bridge leading to the port and they got a good look at the NOS but when they entered on deck 4 and looked in the dining room, they were really in awe.

Our cabin, 8322, was ready so we dropped off our carryons and headed up to the obligatory 1st meal @ the Windjammer.

The Windjammer was great as usual, I especially enjoy finding a table near the windows so I can check out the view. After the muster drill we were on our way to San Juan.

The cruise director was Shane Eisenhart (sp) he was okay, not as personable or funny as some of the other CD's we've experienced in the past. But since we don't need a CD to make sure we have a good time, It's not that big of a deal to us. I will say that in true RCI fashion, he did drop his pants during the Quest.

We ate in the Swan Lake dining room deck 5, the location was fine for me but others in my group would have preferred to be seated on either deck 3 or 4 so that they could see the "entertainment" from the waiters.

After dinner we hung out on the Royal Prommanade mainly at the Wig and Gavel, DH was especially fond on the bartender's ability to make the perfect Long Island Iced Tea.

We hit the Whirlpool Tub in the Solarium area for a while and then we went back to check out the Welcome Aboard parade. It was extra special because the ship was celebrating its 200th cruise. I thought that made our sailing a little more special.

Following the parade, it was off to bed for us.

End of Day 1

More to come...

Fantastic, your review was helpful and I learned to ask for level 3 or 4 so that we can see the waiters working their magic. I am glad to hear that everyone loved the Long Island Iced tea cocktails. The parade sounds interesting! Thank you for helping me keep my interest peeked for my cruise at the end of this month!

CincinnatiGal

10-28 NOS cruise Western Caribbean

OK, I am very curious...why did a rainy day cause you to miss the M & M? Isn't it in a lounge inside the ship?

Thanks Raytownlady. We are sailing out on the NOS on 12-16 and have a couple of questions. Did you take a cab to the Wallgreens or is it within walking distance to the IC? and...What time did you arrive at the port? Thanks, glad you enjoyed your cruise

After dinner we hung out on the Royal Prommanade mainly at the Wig and Gavel, DH was especially fond on the bartender's ability to make the perfect Long Island Iced Tea.

More to come...

Are you sure it was the Wig and Gavel, I thought that was the Mariner and the NOS had the Two Poets??, if it was the Two Poets, what was the bartenders name that made the perfect LIIT? We were on the NOS in May and Opal and Sueann made awesome drinks in the Two Poets

OK, I am very curious...why did a rainy day cause you to miss the M & M? Isn't it in a lounge inside the ship?

Yes, the M&M is held in a lounge; but the weather outside made it a perfect day to catch up on some much needed sleep. DH took a long nap.

Thanks Raytownlady. We are sailing out on the NOS on 12-16 and have a couple of questions. Did you take a cab to the Wallgreens or is it within walking distance to the IC? and...What time did you arrive at the port? Thanks, glad you enjoyed your cruise

The Walgreens is about 1 block away from the hotel. As you walk out the front doors turn left and go up one block. You can actually see the store from the corner @ Chopin.

Just double checking. Are the cabin doors metal so that magnets will stick to them? Does Royal Caribbean allow you to decorate your cabin door? Did you see any cabin doors decorated by passengers as opposed to the door decoration packages you can purchase through the ship?

Tracy

Just double checking. Are the cabin doors metal so that magnets will stick to them? Does Royal Caribbean allow you to decorate your cabin door? Did you see any cabin doors decorated by passengers as opposed to the door decoration packages you can purchase through the ship?

Tracy

I asked my husband about the door being metal, I don't recall it being wood, but didnt' see any magnet decorations...not sure a magnet would stick. We did see some Honeymoon, Birthday and Anniversary signs taped to several of the cabins. I don't think they would take them down if you brought your own. The cabin stewards do everything in their power to make you happy because their tip depends on it!

Hope someone else can answer your question about the door being magnetic!

Archived