San Francisco Hotel Suggestions...Pre-cruise???

gamomluvs2cruise

The Tuscan inn & holiday inn express, Radisson, Marriott, Argonaut, hyatt, Sheraton, they are all less than a mile away, there are so many more, those are just the ones off the top of my head. The ones i have named are also within walking distance of the trolly that will take you all over S.F., fishermans wharf & pier 39.

• 2 weeks later...

We got a room with a sofa bed, as we were there for several nights. It cost us, with tip, $50, for the taxi ride from the SFO to the hotel.

One night we ate at the Top of the Mark. Great view, less then fabulous food for the price we paid. We also ate one night at the restaurant at the hotel. Good food for a reasonable price. One night was at Pier 39, but I don't remember what restaurant. I don't remember what we did the other couple of days.

We walked almost everywhere, but did buy the three day cable car pass at the airport. We used them for only one day. The day we arrived, we toured around the hotel to get our bearings. We also got our tickets to Alcatraz for two days away. The first full day we walked to Coit Tower. That was a long uphill hike. Then we walked to Lombard Street (more uphill and some downhills). Then, it was on to Fort Mason, The Cannery and that area. From there, we walked back to to hotel. We had tickets to Beach Blanket Babylon for this night. Neither of us enjoyed it all that much. Some funny sections, but overall it was too rauchy for our tastes.

The next day, we went to Alcatraz in the morning, but didn't get back until mid afternoon, then waundered around Pier 39. Friday we spent several hours on the cable cars, then packing. This was night we ate at the Top of the Mark.

Saturday we had to change hotels. After settling into the Hilton, we spent several hours at Union Square. The next day we boarded the Infinity.

Archived