As if we didn't have enough to worry about...

travel-to-go

It seems that New York City has done such a good job of cleaning up its once putrid rivers (where no creature could survive, good or bad) that the "bad" creatures have come back to feast on the older wooden piers ships, and anything else they can gnaw their hungry little maws through!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/07/D8KJNNCO0.html

Here's the article on it!

Karie,

Who isn't too concerned, now that out fabulous Queen docks in the new CONCRETE pier in Brioklyn!

I saw this a while ago. I actually was going to post it here but never got around to it :o .

I honestly am not sure what the Manhattan piers - where QE2 still goes, even though QM2 is in Brooklyn now - are made of underwater. I would be inclined to think concrete and steel, but I'm not sure. Frankly, I never thought about it!

I saw this a while ago. I actually was going to post it here but never got around to it :o .

I honestly am not sure what the Manhattan piers - where QE2 still goes, even though QM2 is in Brooklyn now - are made of underwater. I would be inclined to think concrete and steel, but I'm not sure. Frankly, I never thought about it!

Yeah, I meant to post it a while back, too, but like you, wasn't getting around to it. I had to keep finding it again, every time the latest copy of Mozilla crashed (running Windows ME- yeah, I know, I know) It seems there is something about Cruise Critic in particular (I believe it is Java Scripted) that Mozilla doesn't seem to like.

I figured it has to be concrete all the way down, but then again. I honestly don't know either! What I really hate to see is some of the older boats which are either living or derelict museums getting destroyed because people have been biding their time, waiting til they could afford to fix them up, but now time is running out. Will they be allowed to go completely to ruin? Or will someone step in and try to stablize them?

Karie, who hates to see older irreplacable items go to ruin, becausue now we value what is cheap and easy to maintain- For instance, I call vinyl siding "plastic houses"

Are you using Mozilla or Firefox?

Mozilla (the application suite, not the organization) is no longer current and has been replaced by SeaMonkey.

The Boards work fine for me in Firefox. (I do have Firefox on my computer but my primary browser is Camino, another Mozilla product which uses the same Gecko layout engine as Firefox but has a user interface that is specifically designed for Mac OS.)

There are some pages (not ours, as far as I know) that don't render properly in Firefox or Camino. For those, I use Mac OS' built-in browser, Safari.

You might also want to take a look at Opera, another good browser, though I seldom use it because I'm personally not a big fan of its user interface (but its page rendering is very nice).

Isn't it wonderful to have so much choice :) ?

Are you using Mozilla or Firefox?

There are some pages (not ours, as far as I know) that don't render properly in Firefox or Camino. For those, I use Mac OS' built-in browser, Safari.

You might also want to take a look at Opera, another good browser, though I seldom use it because I'm personally not a big fan of its user interface (but its page rendering is very nice).

Isn't it wonderful to have so much choice :) ?

Sorry, Firefox, of course.

I have not loaded very many plug ins. I don't do a lot of fancy stuff, but it does seem that I get occasional Java Scripting errors on cruise critic. It almost always seem to crash when I am hitting "GO" to go back to the Cunard forum page. I have had a few other crashes (once actually on Google Mpas, imagine that!) but it seems as though it is usually Cruise Critic. On my work laptop (using fully updated Windows XP-Ugh- no choice, it is my work computer) I get Java scripting errors frequently. I don't know why, and neither does my IT. We have reloaded Java, (1.4.2) and I have tried last week, dumping an earlier version (1.3.1) that I used for a specific program. My desktop at work, with the exact same version of everything (and IE as browser- ugh again!) does not do that. It doesn't crash Cruise Critic- just gives me the scripting error. (It isn't the only java based program Ihave problems with) Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Karie, geek, but stumped!

Archived