Romance package: What choices of bubbly and wine? (PoH)

beachchick

Aloha. We are cruising on PoH this winter and I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the $79 package. It looks like a good deal overall, but I need to know what brand of bubbly is in your stateroom and what your wine choices are for dinner. (Yep, I'm a bit of a wine snob in that we live in one of CA's many fine wine regions and are quite spoiled.)

Anyone have some first-hand experience for me?

Mahalo!

beachchick

Aloha. We are cruising on PoH this winter and I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the $79 package. It looks like a good deal overall, but I need to know what brand of bubbly is in your stateroom and what your wine choices are for dinner. (Yep, I'm a bit of a wine snob in that we live in one of CA's many fine wine regions and are quite spoiled.)

Anyone have some first-hand experience for me?

Mahalo!

beachchick

Haven't sailed the PoH but the $79 is a good deal.

You can upgrade your bubbly and wine...for a few dollars.

We have done that;)

Happy sailing:)

Unless NCLA has changed, the bubbly is Kenwood Yulupa Cuvee Brut (California Sparkling Wine.)

There are several choices of wine that are included. And if you don't like the choices they should allow you to get a more expensive wine and just pay the additional cost. This is what our waiter in the Bistro offered to do, but he recommended a wine that was included that I really enjoyed.

Both times on the Dream the bubbly has been a semi-decent dry sparkling wine, but on the Dawn it was a sweetish Asti Spumante which was not very good. We didn't try to change it, as we had opened it before realising how poor it was.

Given the significant cost increase in wine on boards over the last year, the $79 for the package is even better value for money. On top of the sailaway bubbly chilled in your room, the 'house' wine selection will cost you more than $30, and there is the double cover charge in Le Bistro. Even if you don't go to the cake and bubbly reception, or use the money off a photo offer, you can't really lose out on this deal.

Archived