What is the best way to spend our day in Dominica

BerMAN

Honestly, just do any tour that allows you to see the island, it's waterfalls, and it's people. There are 2 very highly recommended tour guides here on this site; Reyno Tours and Beno. I took Reyno Tours and was extremely happy with our day there. reynotours@hotmail.com

You will not have a great experience or get to see all the beauty without a tour as the port area just has a few shops in it.

You'll end up spending about $40 per person for a 5 + hour tour and the most beautiful and unspoiled island on your itinerary.

Can't wait to hear how much you loved Dominica!! :)

This is one of our ports, and our fellow CC's are using the Reyno tour, but we have decided to do it on our own. Lots of advice from these boards, and also advice from a Captain with local knowledge, so we are really looking forward to seeing this beautiful island. Don't think you can go wrong, no matter what you decide to do:p

This is one of our ports, and our fellow CC's are using the Reyno tour, but we have decided to do it on our own. Lots of advice from these boards, and also advice from a Captain with local knowledge, so we are really looking forward to seeing this beautiful island. Don't think you can go wrong, no matter what you decide to do:p

I never saw any place to rent a vehicle and this is one place I would NEVER want to drive as a tourist. You may very well be putting yourself and everyone else traveling on a tour in jeopardy trying to see the island on your own. Not trying to be over dramatic here, but please have someone on the island drive you around... Have a wonderful day on this gorgeous island :)

I have to strongly agree with Pholter. This is not an island to just rent your own car OR go with a large impersonal cruise tour. The two highest recommended drivers are Reyno and Beno and you just can't go wrong using them.

Because we loved our tour with Beno so much 2 years ago when sailing the Destiny, we have booked him again for our upcoming NCL Pearl cruise in March. Can't wait to visit this beautiful island again. There is SO MUCH to see and do. Last time, Beno tailored a tour just for us based on what we wanted to see. This time, I'm leaving it completely up to him and I know he's got some nice surprises in store for us. Can't wait to go back!!

If you want to hire Beno, here are his numbers: Augustine Pascal , 39 Solomon Lane, Goodwill, Dominica. Email: benox265@hotmail.com. Tele: 1(767) 235-2625 or 1(767) 448-0625. I did all my arrangements through email.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty suspicious of all these low post "opinions" that keep popping up when we're trying to provide detailed FIRST HAND experience of ports we've been on. It couldn't be more obvious that these are locals trying to drum up business, rather than legitimate DETAILED information provided by regular CC members. Be very wary of "fishing" type of posts. Do your homework and don't get sucked in by these folks.

Hi fellow cruisers we are heading out on our first cruise in a few weeks.

One of our Ports of call is Dominica.

How do you advise we spend our day ?

Thank you in advance for the help:)

We used (and absolutely loved) Ken's Hinterland Tours. We did their waterfall combo tour. Our group of 4 were the only ones who booked it that day. We had Trafalgar falls all to ourselves for at least 30 minutes.

Even if you don't use them, their web site has a lot of ideas of things to do. I'm not sure if I can post the web site, but just do a search for Ken's Hinterland Tours.

I have very specific sites in want to see -- in the national park and then on to the Carib Indian Reservation. I think I'm going to hire a taxi after we disembark to see the island. I've done a lot of research, and I don't want to go with a big group of people, and I have very definite ideas about what I want to see (and where I want to eat lunch). I've tried writing to several of the recommended guides, but they seem to have very specific places in mind to see, and they're the same places that seem to be mentioned on every tour. Any thoughts on my idea of getting a cab?

Archived