Just off Rhapsody 10/08 sailing

WOW is all I can say! This was our first cruise and we are already planning our second! The crew was outstanding, especially our room steward - Franklin; and our waiters, Alex and Pedro. We loved every second of it. If you have any questions.......ask.

So glad you had a fun cruise! You will be hooked for life. We are sailing on Rhapsody Oct. 29. This is our fourth cruise on her and our 12th total. Could you please advise if you heard any band that played good country music? We love to dance but sometimes it is hard to find a band that plays country. That is strange to us, since the ship sails out of Galveston and is booked largely by Texans and us Okies who love to "boot scoot". Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

Was are first cruise as well. Still have the rocking feeling and think I am going to fall over when walking.

Really enjoyed the ship and looking to do it again soon.

There was a country band I saw for a bit one night. They seemed ok but only heard a song or two.

Tom

The Rhapsody was my wifes first cruise. We had booked a cruise to Hawaii for Oct of 2001. Well, right after 9/11/2001, the cruise company declared bankruptcy just about three days before we were supposed to leave. We were devastated. My wife didn't want to unpack, so I called our travel agent and asked her how soon she could get us on a cruise out of Galveston. She called back and said if I would give her a credit card number, we could leave in four days. I did, and we left that Sunday on the Rhapsody. We were totally blown away, and have been on her a total of three times. I am sorry to hear that she is leaving, I just hope the Voyager will be as nice. The Rhapsody is by far our favorite ship.

This was also my first cruise with a very small group of co-workers. I had such a good time, I'm already planning the next one with the family. We didn't experience any engine or generator problems although we were very delayed getting on the ship because of the late arrival in Galveston. I arrived at 1 p.m. but didn't board until 4 p.m. Everyone that I talked to that had cruised on the Rhapsody before said that boarding was usually very smooth and that the long long lines and waiting never occurred before. We also Sailed away at 6 instead of 5, but the Captain made up the time at sea and we made it to our next port of call at the correct scheduled time.

Let me do a quick run-down to answer to some of your questions.

We were on deck 4, ocean view, room 4018 and it was perfect!

There was a western night and some people had jeans on but most didn't dress for it.

Yes we got on the ship 5 hours late due to Rhapsody coming in 5 hours late. But the minute we stepped onto the ship, all the waiting was forgotten. We sailed at 6 pm instead of 5 pm and we made up all the lost time and arrived at our ports as scheduled.

We had such a wonderful time that we have just booked Voyager for January, 2008.

I will attempt to scan in the Cruise Compass later tonight.

I've e-mailed the Cruse Compass and the map of the ship to those of you who requested them. Let me know if you don't receive and I'll try again.

Forgot to mention that the weather was perfect. Not a single drop of rain until we pulled into Galveston yesterday! Then we got to drive in the heavy rain for six hours.

I've e-mailed the Cruse Compass and the map of the ship to those of you who requested them. Let me know if you don't receive and I'll try again.

Forgot to mention that the weather was perfect. Not a single drop of rain until we pulled into Galveston yesterday! Then we got to drive in the heavy rain for six hours.

I would love to get the Compass and map. We are going Dec 10th! Please e-mail to jldavis1977@yahoo.com Thank you very much!

Oh boy, ET2. We really were concerned with the majority of passanger getting off the ship during that downpour. Sorry you were caught. We got off around 7:30 and the great black sky followed us off the causeway. We had some rain for a short while but out ran the storm.

The crew was outstanding, especially our room steward - Franklin;

Did Franklin happen to be tall, have a smile that didn't quit, and was drop dead handsome? I forget which island he was from. We had a Franklin on Sovereign and I'm wondering if he moved to a larger ship. If it is the same guy...he was soooooooo nice! The best steward we've ever had.

Also did you still have Capt Anders as master?

They served lobster on our second formal night. It was "Fisherman's Platter" and was a lobster tail and shrimp. They also had scallops on the menu and I was trying to decide, so Alex our waiter brought me both!

I can't tell you what my favorite was. Everything was perfect every night. I ordered a lot of fish and shrimp dishes.

We ate breakfast in the Windjammer and I became hooked on their plain omlets, and then they had all of the toppings to put on them.

They served the lobster on the second formal night. They called it "Fisherman's Platter" and it was a lobster tail and shrimp. They also had scallops on the menu and I couldn't decide, so Alex our waiter, brought me both!

I guess I didn't have a favorite because everything they served was wonderful. We ate breakfasts in the Windjammer and I got hooked on their plain omlets and they had all of the toppings so you could put your own on.

Did you have any problems with the engines or generators on your cruise? We were on the Oct. 1st sailing and were 5 hours late getting back into port because of the generator failure that caused only one engine to be functional. When did you leave port on Sun? I figured it had to be at least 7 PM or after due to our late arrival in Galveston. Just curious.:)

Archived