Can visitors board at a port stop?

We will be in Portland as a cruise port stop on Sunday. My DH"S sister will be there in Portland to visit us and wanted to know if she could board the ship to "tour" it. I think the answer is no but I wanted to confirm it before I call her back.

We will be in Portland as a cruise port stop on Sunday. My DH"S sister will be there in Portland to visit us and wanted to know if she could board the ship to "tour" it. I think the answer is no but I wanted to confirm it before I call her back.
Only invited guests by the cruiseline may board and tour. These include TA's etc..

Nope. Travel agents can only board if they are on a scheduled ship inspection and those only happen when the ship is in it's home port (the day they have one set of passengers leave and another set get on board.

Even for weddings now, the guests have to be booked on the cruise to go to the wedding, even though the wedding happens before the ship sails.

Don't flame me if anyone has different info, but this is what I have experienced as a passenger and when I was a TA.

Best wishes

Only with special dispensation from the cruise line. If your DH's sister is Oprah you have a good chance. If your DH's sister is only loved by those who personally know her, not so good.

Actually, with weddings, they can be held on board in the ship's chapel and outsiders are given a day pass to attend the wedding. Typically the wedding needs to be done two hours prior to sailing and all the guests who are not sailing are shoved off.

This is only available in the port of embarkation and not at ports of call.

That's a bit, large, fat NO - unfortunately.

in the words of captain stubbing...no way jose on hot dog day...with secuirty being so tite it ain't gonna happen...you guys have a better chance of getting off to see her...the only way she's gonna see the inside of that ship is if she becomes a travel agent or she buys a ticket...HAVE A GREAT TIME...

Archived