Houston Hobby airport to cruise terminal info

ctcoolcruiser

Does anyone have any current info for shuttles, prices of cabs etc. from Houston Hobby airport to NCL terminal? There will be two of us leaving for the Dream on 12/2/06. We are arriving the same day so a rental car is out, and so far the info I've found in this forum is about a year old. Nor is there much on the Port of Houston website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Galveston limousine service

Daily Service to and from Houston Hobby Airport

Galveston, Texas City, LaMarque, Hitchcock, Santa Fe, Dickinson and League City

One way Round Trip

Adult $35 $60

Child (4-10) $20 $30

Sr. Citizen $30 $50

Baggage

Baggage allowances: 2 suitcases - 62" (length+height+width) each & 1 carry

Excess baggage fees: $20.00 per bag, each way

Galveston Arrive Hobby Leave Hobby Arrive Galveston

5:30am 6:30am 9:30am 10:30am

**7:00am 8:00am **10:30am 11:30am

8:00am 9:00am 11:30am 12:30pm

10:00am 11:00am 1:30pm 2:30pm

11:30am 12:30pm 3:00pm 4:00pm

1:30 pm 2:30pm 5:00pm 6:00pm

3:00pm 4:00pm 6:30pm 7:30pm

5:00pm 6:00pm 8:30pm 9:30pm

9:30pm 10:30pm

They'll be plenty of cabs outside baggage claim. I notice you're sailing on the Dream, which sails out of La Porte, not a very far drive at all. We loved the smaller size of the Dream, after sailing on so many mega ships.

Have a great cruise!

I really prefer the smaller ships. My first cruise was on HAL's Rotterdam to the Pamama Canal. I was in love! My second was aboard HAL's Zuiderdam, which had seemingly the same size public areas as the Rotterdam, but they had to be shared with a couple hundred more people. Since I'm not big on glitz and prefer to hang out at the pool, it really made a difference to me. So it's been smaller ships ever since. Since this is my first time out of Houston, I appreciate your help with the cab info. Smooth Sailing!

I got a quote today for 13 people from the airport to the port and they wanted $540. That sounds like an awful lot. Anyone have a reputable limo company I can call for less money? Thanks bunches! Melissa

Enterprise has large vans for one way rentals from Hobby or IAH. Drop off at Seabrook office (near La Porte.) They will take you to and from the port. Should be quite a bit less than the $500. Even if you rented two regular vans and had a drop off fee it still should not be more than $200.

I called Enterprise..thanks so much for that advise. Previously I had tried to book with them online and I go the message that the office in Seabrook was closed on Saturday. I found out that that information was not accurate. Long story short....I reserved 2 mini vans that should hold all of us and our luggage and arranged to drop them off at the Seabrook office. They were not sure about a shuttle to the port however and I was wondering if anyone knows how we get to the port after dropping off our vans. The cost was about $150 for 2 mini vans and now we have the convienence of having a vehicle the night before to go buy water and pop and stuff.. for the cruise.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for this advise.. Melissa

Melissa, the Seaport office did run shuttle to the port last year when we sailed the Dream. Worst scenario is you drop everyone but the two drivers off at the port and then call a taxi to take the two drivers bck to the port. Maybe another $10. Find out the phone number of a taxi service and have it ready just in case.

Have a great cruise - we love the Dream!

I was waiting for them to call em back with an answer yesterday and the girl never got around to it. She had said she was alone and busy. I will keep trying. I will find a taxi number and keep it on hand. Good idea. I used to be good about planning, but now so much is on my brain I forget easy stuff like that. Thanks...Melissa

Archived