We're NON-DRINKERS - Crown AB Penthouse 3 bottles of liquor

jeanettep

My daughter and I do not drink and we'll be on the CROWN October 22-29 Bermuda sailing in an AB Penthouse. I know we get champagne upon arrival and three bottles of liquor. Would it be possible to exchange these for on-board credit or dinners in specialty restaurants or something else? Or should we try to pack the liquor in our checked luggage and take them home? Would this be asking for trouble in case they break? I know we can't take them home as carry-ons with the new rules at the airport. Right?

Thanks for advice.

I think I would go to the roll call thread and explain your situation. I am sure you could sell them for cash at a nice price. Just arrange to meet the fellow cruiser at a particular place on the ship that first day. I am sure someone would be happy to buy them from you on the ship. That way you could have a little mad money. Lugging those bottles home will be a hassle - especially if you are a non-drinker and will never enjoy them. I personally wouldn't go to the hassle. I would take the money from the transaction and buy a fruit smoothie at the bar!

To get to the Roll Call thread you have to go back to the Cruise Critic Message Boards (look for the link in red at the top of your screen). You will see Roll Call Threads that should take you right there.

I thought the Owner's Suite and above were the only cabins that got liquor? I was going to order bar setup for our AB on the Jewel, but if we get three bottles with our room then I won't do that. Anyone know?

Thanks!!

I thought the Owner's Suite and above were the only cabins that got liquor? I was going to order bar setup for our AB on the Jewel, but if we get three bottles with our room then I won't do that. Anyone know?

Thanks!!

The AB's on the Jewel, Dawn, and Star don't get the liquor.

The AB's on the Jewel, Dawn, and Star don't get the liquor.

There is no Owner's Suite per se on the Crown. There are eight AA's all alike but with different decor and four slightly smaller AB's in the same row.

We went to Bermuda in 2003 in the Crown's Sandringham Suite (AA).

Dick Riker

Archived