St John's

moondance722

moondance... All of the North Shore beaches on St. John are great, all are clear, and most are calm. However, they are all pretty quiet and there really isn't a typical "beach bar" on any of them. Trunk Bay has a snack bar that sells some rum drinks. Cinnamon has a little restaurant that sells some beer, but I'm not sure if they have other alcoholic drinks, and its not on the beach. There is also a store at Cinnamon for the campground there that sells beer and liquor. Little Maho also has a small snack bar, which is on the beach, but again I'm not sure what types of drinks they offer. Also, Little Maho isn't easily accessible, as you have to either swim there, take a boat/dinghy or drive to the Maho Campground parking lot and walk down about 200 steps!

The Caneel and Westin resorts have restaurants and bars, but I've never been to either. I've been to Caneel's main beach, which is nice, but it didn't look like the bar or restaurant was on the beach. There appeared to be servers bringing drinks to the guests of the resort, who were sitting in chairs under their umbrellas. They don't allow visitors (non-staying guests) to use the chairs/umbrellas, so we spread out on our Neat Sheet and no one offered us drinks. :-(

There is an actual place called "The Beach Bar" just right of the ferry dock in Cruz Bay, and it actually is ON the beach, but Cruz Bay isn't really a swimming beach... Its really just a big bay where the boats come and go. Hope this helps. Have a great time! St. John is a beautiful little island!!

The drinks at Trunk are like rum punch, foo-foo blender drinks, etc. Nothing real fancy. The snack bar isn't really on the beach, but its very close, so you can get your drinks there and take them down to the beach. No music at Trunk, or any of the other main beaches... As I said, all of the beaches are very quiet - more conducive to relaxing than partying. In a nutshell, St. John is all about the limin'.

Even the bars seem pretty quiet and reserved, from what I've noticed... You'll find some live music (usually in the evenings) from time-to-time at the Beach Bar, and maybe Woody's and some other places in Cruz Bay, as well as over on the other side of the island in Coral Bay (Island Blues, Skinny Legs, Shipwreck Landing, Miss Lucy's). But its difficult to get to Coral Bay for a day without renting a car, and you most definitely do NOT want to be driving those roads after drinking! Plus you wouldn't be able to stay there very long anyway if you're only there for a cruise stop. Its about a 45 minute drive from Cruz Bay... But WOW, what a drive!

even on a thursday in the first days of november?

when are you cruising?

Check this out....Cruisecal.com This will give the schedule of what ships are in port.

We are going to be in St Thomas Nov the 9th a Thursday...there is two ships in port....Caribbean Princess and NCL Jewel.

Archived