Just returned from QE2

Coolgran

We returned on Friday 13th Oct. from 10 day Med. Cruise. The Weather was great and we enjoyed the whole cruise. We were in Maurtania and the food and service were excellent. We found improvements in toilets both in-cabin and Public, though I think one did leak and cause problems in the Library which had to close whilst repairs were done. We enjoyed the lectures and entertainment but of course could not possibly sample everything. WE found one or two gripes, in our opinion the pursers office personnel were not ALL as pleasant and helpful as they might have been and I HATED the new machines for changing money. The other thing that was not a bother to us personally but which caused a lot of annoyance and was not a good first impression was a two hour wait(sometimes longer) in the reception area to register,The queue was horrendous and I have never seen anything like it in all my experience with Cunard. A big black mark for that.:mad:

I managed to make contact with Victor Meld... but it took me a while and I never knew so many men wore black shirts in the evening. I hope he and his wife(who really did have some lovely evening wear) enjoyed their cruise.

On the whole another super cruise and looking forward to next September.

In our opinion the pursers office personnel were not ALL as pleasant and helpful as they might have been and I HATED the new machines for changing money.

Hi CG, I'm pleased you enjoyed it. It's not just your opinion, I don't think I've heard anything better than "I didn't have a problem" about the purser's office recently.

The other thing that was not a bother to us personally but which caused a lot of annoyance and was not a good first impression was a two hour wait(sometimes longer) in the reception area to register,The queue was horrendous and I have never seen anything like it in all my experience with Cunard. A big black mark for that.:mad:

The queue to register on Friday 13th was also horrendous. It was the worse part of the 3 nights cruise.

The queue to register on Friday 13th was also horrendous. It was the worse part of the 3 nights cruise.

We were horrified by it. It was almost as bad as the queue on the one nighter back in July - at least on Friday there was no queue into the parking area, although there was a queue to drive in.

Didn't worry us however, as the queue for us was vestigal. The shorter the cruise, the shorter our queue is. The only times we've had to queue was on longer cruises, when a lot of the non Grill passengers are platinum world clubbers.

Can I put another bad word in for the Purser's Office? They're not unpleasant - far from it - but so badly trained you get a different answer from each of them.

We were doing our usual removal of tips thingamy and we were told we must give a reason. Then the following day we saw someone do the same thing without a request even being made!

Lovely trip in all though.

I hope the queues for registration can be sorted out, I thought it was maybe just a 'one off' but it seems not. I do hope it does not continue as it is not a good start to what should be a relaxing time.

On the positive side I must say once aboard, we could not fault the cruise and staff (except P.O.)and we had one of the best cruises ever. The QE2 still retains that special 'magic' for us.

I enjoy the CC boards and so keep the 'gossip' coming everybody.

:D

Hi Coolgran

Nice meeting you on board and thanks for the remarks about my wife's dresses, she likes to wear nice frocks.

You remark about the Pursers office is correct, We had a bad experience with them on 2 occasions. They are badly trained and border on rude. The check in was horrendous and when you do go into the departure lounge , tea in a paper cup. Not my idea of a luxury cruise. The staff on board made up for all the waiting etc. They are friendly and attentive. For our evening meal we had Laurence and John 2 excellent waiters who made us feel special. The ballroom is a bit of a non starter if you are keen ballroom dancers like us. The 6 Dance host take over the floor and make sure that people who can dance do not get a look in. Luckily in the Band break Meeha the singer put on a CD that we could dance to while the dance hosts went away. All said we had a great time.

Regards Graham and Jenny

Luckily in the Band break Meeha the singer put on a CD that we could dance to while the dance hosts went away.

I agree that to dance is beter the CD that the present band which repertory and way of playing music is more apropriate for hearing that dancing.

I'm sorry to read some people have been disappointed by the staff in the Pursers Office. When I was on board in August I could not fault the way they dealt with a problem I had. They always smiled and were polite and sorted the matter out quickly. I was also very impressed by the way they calmly dealt with an agressive, ranting - well almost screaming - female passenger who had lost control of herself and was threatening the poor girl behind the desk.

Archived