Unsolicited Celebrity Cheerleading

tbelian

This is a true story, the names are missing because I didnt think to ask.

Recently I was in a local retail store, and happened to notice another man who had on a Summit windbreaker/jacket. I casually inquired about how he liked his cruise on the Summit.

He proceeded to tell me about his trip to Alaska, and how it was great, and in addition, without prompting, told me how Celebrity went far above and beyond his expectations when NWA lost their luggage. They supplied practically everything for them, including casual and formal clothing toiletries, even underwear. In addition they offered 50% off anything else they wanted to buy beyond the 'necessities'. He couldn't give enough praise to the ship board staff on the Summit for their assitance.

Unsolicited, honest, and positive.

FYI.

it's always been my contention that people who have a great cruise are less likely to post than those that ran into a problem. "We had a wonderful time" just doesn't excite most readers!!! glad to hear some good news

While we were returning from our Med cruise 2 weeks ago, the lady next to me on the plane was telling everyone how wonderful Celebrity had been to them when their SIL ended up in the hospital during the cruise.

The doctors in Rome told them that the onboard doctors had done a wonderful job and that if it weren't for them she wouldn't be here. She went on and on about how kind and caring everyone had been and how someone had stayed with them during the whole ordeal, making sure that everything was taken care of.

it's always been my contention that people who have a great cruise are less likely to post than those that ran into a problem. "We had a wonderful time" just doesn't excite most readers!!! glad to hear some good news

Right you are! I have read cruise critic for years but never posted my positive experiences. The first time I posted was when I had a bad experience. I noticed this in myself and now try to at least balance criticism with praise on these boards.

I think you will find that the on-board personnel get near-unanimous praise. Even those with strong complaints against the line seem VERY pleased with the level of service on-board.

It's the folks in the home office who, more and more, seem to be earning the customers' wrath...

Archived