Bringing Soda on board

cdillon23

I always take a collaspable cooler with me with soda and water. No one has ever said anything. In fact I keep it on the bathroom floor and the cabin stewart keeps it full with ice. After the cruise we fold it up and pack it or fill it with things we bought

I just went on the mariner, and and I brought a duffle bag, put soda in it and it was delivered to my room with my suitcase, no problem, asked the room attendent to clear out the fridge, and put the soda cans in there, nop problem whatso ever.

If I brought a 12 pack or 24 pack of soda on board with me when I depart will RCI allow it or will they confiscate it? Thanks.

We always fill a suitcase of soda, bottled water and 2 bubble wrapped bottes of wine. It's nice to have an empty suitcase to fill for the trip home.

My DSIL brought a case of diet coke on board a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas...but that was several years ago..no problem though.

We also brought champagne on board without a problem...but now it looks like they are cracking down on that. :mad:

I definately have been rethinking the whole Royal Caribbean cruise experience. We are cruising with them on the 29th, but I really don't think we will book with them again....to much like cruise ****s. :(

As long as it's not alcohol, it's permitted. I brought a 6-pack of Diet Coke with me when I boarded the Mariner last week. Then I 'restocked' while I was in Grand Cayman. Brought it aboard without a problem.

I took a 12 pack of coke cans and 2 2 liter bottles in a plastic grocery bag right through security in Miami onto the Freedom of the Seas and nobody said a word. They have a policy against bringing alcohol but not sodas. It saved $42 for the soda sticker. I gave the room steward all the candy bars and soda cans from the fridge and showed her that I had my own stuff and she had no problem with it.

I've done it many times with no problems. I carry them on. I don't take big cases because in all honesty, I don't drink a case in a week at home. I just like having something in the room and have a few of my favorite brand. I like the 12oz bottles so they can be resealed. I take a few mini-bottles of water with me too and toss them in my backpack for days in port.

RCCL will lot allow you to bring alcohol of any kind of board when you depart. NCL has the same rule now also. Not sure of the other cruiselines:o

RCCL? Is that the same as Royal Caribbean or am I getting my initials mixed up? Royal Caribbean expressly forbids bring alcohol on the ship, even at embarkation, which Carnival and Cunard allow.

Oct 6th sailing on Explorer..we brought 20 cans of caf. free diet coke. We used a heavy tote bag. No problem. Just a pain to drag on.

On the same sailing we brought 1 case of water 1 12pk of soda 2 bottles of wine and 3 bottles hard liquor. We too had no problem our cabin steward Angus kept us stocked up with plenty of ice in our collapsible cooler.

Anna

Archived