Galveston's Baymont Inn - Any restaurants within walking distance?

luv2vacation

I was considering staying at the Baymont Inn in Galveston but will be without a car. Is there any restaurant we could walk to? I know there is a Golden Corral but I thought the Rainforest Cafe or Landry's would be better. I can't tell from the maps if they are close enough to walk to or not. I also see there is a Wal-Mart nearby. Would it be possible to walk there? Thanks in advance!

OMG I hate the rain forest café that is one of the worst places i have ever ate. If you have kids dont mind going to something that is totally a tourist trap and about a scores a 2 out of five IMO on the grub. Landry's is a little better but not much there are some good places sorry i cant tell you any right now will have to ask my girl if she can remember. But please dont go to the rain forest just dont eat and go hungry if you have no other option. Just stand outside and look at it buy a shirt if you want.

Hey walmart has food:D

Thanks for the replies. Tortugas sounds interesting. I don't have my heart set on any particular restaurant - I just wanted to know if there was anything decent we could walk to since we won't be renting a car. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again!

Archived