ROLL CALL: Celebrity Mercury 11/20/06 Mexican Riviera -- Are We the Only Gay Couple?

PLS337

Hi:

My partner and I have taken a few cruises with other gay and lesbian friends as well as a wonderful Pied Piper gay group cruise to Russia last summer. However, we're venturing out on our own on the 11/20/06 Mercury sailing to Mexico from San Diego and we're hoping to be in touch with other gay and/or lesbian travelers on that same cruise.

I sincerely hope we're not the only "gay game" on this cruise!!

Please let me know if anyone else is booked as well.

Thanks so much, Paul & Harry

pls337@aol.com

Hi, Paul and Harry--

We on taking Dawn Princess to the Mexican Riviera at the same time, and have also had no response to a roll call. :confused: All I can figure is that a lot of folks signed up for the RSVP cruise out of San Diego instead. But I'm sure we'll all meet people on board. Have a great time!

Kristen and Kathy

Thanks so much for your reply, Kristin & Kathy! Wish we were on the same ship -- but hope we both find other family members on-board both of our cruises. Hopefully, there will be a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting on both of our ships.

Enjoy & bon voyage!

Paul

Hi Paul & Harry,

My partner John and I will be bringing our son Watson (21 mos. in Nov.) for some R&R and fun on Mercury. I'm sure there will be other "family" on the ship as well, even if they don't make it to this roll call.

This is our fifth cruise, and our third on Celebrity, which is our favorite line. Our two previous Celebrity cruises have been as part of the Pied Piper group, and were really great. We have also enjoyed our other two cruises that we have done independently. On both we met lots of family and had a blast!

We look forward to meeting you on the ship.

Duncan

Hi John:

Thank you very much for your reply! Harry and I look forward to meeting you, Duncan and Watson on-board the Mercury! I'm sure there will be other family on that sailing but it's good to at least know for sure. We had met another gay couple on-line through Roll Call prior to the Pied Piper cruise last summer and have remained friends and traveled with them even after the cruise.

How nice to be able to travel with Watson at 21 months! They grow up so fast and start school, etc so take advantage of your ability to be relatively free while you can! Sounds like Watson will be a "man of the world" before he's out of diapers!

Thank you again for responding -- the cruise is right around the corner now so we'll hopefully meet you in a few weeks time. Bon Voyage!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I will be on the Mercury for the 11/20 sailing as well so I guess there will be at least 6 of us!

This will be our 7th cruise but first with Celebrity so we are looking forward to it. We are both from San Diego and it is nice not to have to fly somewhere to get on the ship.

Look forward to meeting you onboard!

Mark and Steve

mhughart@aol.com

Archived