Question about luggage

vfb2girls

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what we could do with our luggage after our cruise and before we check in at the airport. We are disembarking in Vancouver at around 8:00am. Our plane does not leave until 3:40pm and we will not be renting a car. I really do not want to spend so much time at the airport and thought about doing some kind of tour but what do you do with the luggage? If anyone has been in this situation I would love to hear what you did or any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you

How are you getting to the airport? Can you leave the luggage with that company?

Arriving at 8am and departing at 3.40pm doesn't give you much time in the city. You probably won't be off the ship until 9am or later and you should be at the airport by 1pm at the latest since it can take a long time with check-in and US customs/immigration that you need to go through at the Vancouver airport.

There is baggage storage at Canada Place. You could use the morning to take a long walk to Stanley Park, then a cab to the airport- allow 45 mins. for the cab ride and most international flights require a 2 hour window.

• 2 months later...

This leads to more luggage questions. If you take a ship's cruisetour, I know that the cruise line will take care of your luggage for you during the land portion, but if you drive to Denali on your own, what do you do with all your luggage? If we rent a minivan, we won't even be able to lock our suitcases in a trunk. We are considering the possibility of going out to Kantishna for a couple of days, and I can't imagine dragging all those big suitcases for 4 people along on the bus ride through the park.

Is there good security in the parking lot on the east side of the park? Or do you know of any reliable place in the area where people can check their luggage for a few days? I imagine the hotels will probably do it for their guests, but what about for people who are not staying there?

On the whole, do you feel safe leaving your belongings in your car while you go off sightseeing around the Alaska interior?

Thank you for any info you can provide. I really appreciate the wealth of Alaska knowledge that is shared on this board and have learned so much here.

Fleck

One suggestion I have that always serves me well with all my travels- PACK LIGHT. Do some wash on your trips, greatly cuts down on bulk. I shutter- seeing loads and loads of bags people bring with them and me with my one rolling bag. I NEVER rewear clothes either, so don't think you have to.

Alaska is probably one of the safest places to leave a parked car, so you could take one suitcase for 4 easily to Kantishna.

Archived