Satellite Sports on Galaxy

Ballwin Babe

Does anyone know if there is satellite sports on the Galaxy in the Med? We're travelling with friends who are BUCKEYEs and are hoping to see a particular Ohio State game while we're on our cruise in the Med in November.

She (jokingly, I hope!) said they may have to cancel the cruise if she can't see the game.

I've seen some "sports bars" on some ships, but since I'm not interested I can't tell you which ones. I've been on the Galaxy, but don't have a clue.

Can anyone help?:confused:

We are from Windsor, Ontario, which is 5 minutes from Detroit.

He is a big sports nut, but is okay missing his teams play - except our cruise begins on what could be Game 5 of the World Series. DH has been waiting more than 20 years to see the Tigers in the World Series - and now may miss the game where they win (hopefully)!

You're not going to get anything like that in Europe. You'll be lucky to get EuroSport over there with lots of F1 and motocross--Euro style. You don't even get college games when you cruise in the Caribbean, unless it's on ESPN International/Latin America.

I remember being on a RCCL cruise a few years ago during the world series and was able to see every game in several of the onboard bars. Don't know if this is the same with Celebrity but would be suprised if it wasn't.

Looks like there might be a bit of a rivalry going on. Our Cards should be pulling off the NL championship (very) soon (I hope) and the plan anyway, is to beat the Tigers. However, if the Tigers do win the World Series, the Cinderella story couldn't have been any better!

Regarding sports in Europe...I didn't think they'd show it, but I told her I'd ask.

Go CARDS! :D

We are from Windsor, Ontario, which is 5 minutes from Detroit.

He is a big sports nut, but is okay missing his teams play - except our cruise begins on what could be Game 5 of the World Series. DH has been waiting more than 20 years to see the Tigers in the World Series - and now may miss the game where they win (hopefully)!

It could get expensive and might test his loyalty financially,but you should be able to get the games on the internet via mlb.com

I know they have bulk internet packages but I don't know the cost.

BTW It could be worse...he could be missing the Lions in the superbowl...what is it...48 years since a championship ,and never even been to the superbowl.

But with Millen as GM you probably won't have to worry about booking a winter cruise during Superbowl time ever.

-A Lions fan in New Jersey.

Archived