Overnight Barrow Independent travel

Gizzymo

I propose travelling to Barrow in first week of June 2007. As I need to depart from Anchorage it appears less expensive at the present time to arrange my own flights with AlaskaAir, accommodation in Barrow and then organise a tour from Barrow than the current costings for the overnight tour by either AlaskaAir or the tour companies departing from Anchorage for two people. What I am unsure of is how to organise a tour from Barrow to Point Barrow etc - TundraTours appears to no longer be in existence, and the costings of same. There appears to be tours offered on the King Eider Inn website, but I cannot identify how to book these - whether they are booked at the Inn itself?]Also, assuming a tour is undertaken in the morning of the first day, and then a visit to the Eskimo centre in the afternoon, what activities could be undertaken the following day assuming a late afternoon departure?

I propose travelling to Barrow in first week of June 2007. As I need to depart from Anchorage it appears less expensive at the present time to arrange my own flights with AlaskaAir, accommodation in Barrow and then organise a tour from Barrow than the current costings for the overnight tour by either AlaskaAir or the tour companies departing from Anchorage for two people. What I am unsure of is how to organise a tour from Barrow to Point Barrow etc - TundraTours appears to no longer be in existence, and the costings of same. There appears to be tours offered on the King Eider Inn website, but I cannot identify how to book these - whether they are booked at the Inn itself?]Also, assuming a tour is undertaken in the morning of the first day, and then a visit to the Eskimo centre in the afternoon, what activities could be undertaken the following day assuming a late afternoon departure?

Hi there. Going through Alaska Airlines for a tour is your best bet! I've done the Prudhoe Bay and Barrow tours through them -- and you'll be able to see everything. Just log onto http://www.alaskaair.com and click vacation packages. If you need any other advice, just ask!

Archived