Just returned from Galaxy

Seabee

And I can tell you after many cruises aboard X, the reported demise of X and Galaxy in particular are all hogwash. The food, service, condition of ship, frindliness of staff were all excellent.

There were only two dining times not 4. Sushi was served and was good. the new menus are still consistenly good with an occassional selection which might not stack up (but which invariably our waiter would steer us away from).

I'll try to report more later but suffice it so say, for those who are concerned about the whining on this board, rack it up for what it is.

I have been sailing with X since 1998 and they are as good as ever!

Thanks for your brief comments! I look forward to hearing more about your trip. I'll be on the Galaxy next October.

I was amazed to read so many negative comments about the Zenith and I thought for her age she was in very good condition. I guess some people have to go through these ships with a big magnifying glass.

I would like to know why some posters cannot simply report their experiences and opinions without having to take shots at others who who feel differently:rolleyes:.

I personally ignore reviews by those who make such an effort to diminish the views of others in order to push their own agenda.

The beds were comfortable and the carpet appeared to have been fairly new throughout the ship.

One of our travelling companions were notified one day that their sink would be replaced during one of our shore days. The couple said it was very slightly stained and were surprised and pleased that it would be replaced. it was and the couple were never inconvenienced.

Oh yes...all hot tubs, T-pool and everything else was working great. Well, one thing was not working...the little automatic window washer gizmo that travels up and down wahing the outside of the windows was not working; at least on the port side. Now that I think about it, that ruined my cruise. Who do I need to call to get a refund and a free cruise?:D

And I can tell you after many cruises aboard X, the reported demise of X and Galaxy in particular are all hogwash. The food, service, condition of ship, frindliness of staff were all excellent.

There were only two dining times not 4. Sushi was served and was good. the new menus are still consistenly good with an occassional selection which might not stack up (but which invariably our waiter would steer us away from).

I'll try to report more later but suffice it so say, for those who are concerned about the whining on this board, rack it up for what it is.

I have been sailing with X since 1998 and they are as good as ever!

Delighted to hear that things have improved since our Oct. 2005 Med cruise on Galaxy. I look forward to trying it again.

Galaxy was our first X experience in the Caribbean in 2001, and our 6th for a Transatlantic in 2004. We loved it both times. The only problem we had was when Spain forced an itinerary change by refusing to let us land in their country as scheduled since our prior stop was Gibralter, and Spain is still annoyed (after almost 200 years) with British control of the Rock. Just another reminder that cruisers do not rule the world!

Seebee, I am with you: I can't understand the continued bunk that appears about the GALAXY. It may not be a glitzy new ship, but it is an elegant one with a fantastic crew. If ticky-tacky faux glitzy was what I was looking for, I'd go to Las Vegas instead of cruise. Glad you had a great time ... I sure did last January.

Nicki

Were you just on the Galaxy? Did you see me waving to you? I was just on the Millennium.

We are booked on the Galaxy for this Feb. I found the Millennium a little too big, and a little too much resort and not enough like a ship, nothing wrong with the ship except the T-pool was broken for half the cruise, but just too big for my taste. I'm hoping that the Galaxy will be a better fit, I like the smaller more classic ships.

We are booked on the Transatlantic Galaxy sailing in December and are really looking forward to it. We sailed on Century last December (before the refit) and read all the same things, about her being run down etc. Nothing was further from the truth, I honestly cannot see why they refurbished her, she was perfect as she was. My parents will be sailing on her next week for the transatlantic crossing so it'll be interesting to see what they think of her now.

Seabee,

Great comment. Cruise critics sometimes feels a lot like cruise complainers. I can only remember feeling a tad bit let down once, and that was on Carnival.... :)

Sooo looking forward to Galaxy, even more now !

/ Fredrik

Archived