Carnival & Eastern voyage

tom e boy

DW and I are on deck 6...8A balcony aft. on the Triumph in April 07 We got one of the cabins that have a longer balcony. Celibrating the big 25 . Thoughts on flowers in the cabin, and cabin decorations.

Eastern voyage: Have you been :confused: San Juan, St Thomas, St Martin...

what to do...San Juan, we dock in the late afternoon, 4-5 PM, what can you do at that time of day. Dinner is at 615PM. Carnival has excursions and we like to walk, so the old San Juan excursion at sunset sounds nice. Does anyone know if this is worth it. Our arrival time seems to inhibit us from exploring some of the nicer spots, but Carnnival does have a full page of excursions to choose from if we wanted to do more.

St Thomas: Carnival has but one excursion while in St Thomas...a 5 hour deep sea fishing tour. What to do while we are there. We like the beach, and swim, is there somewhere nice to do that?

St Martin: Many excursions to choose from. Our first thought was to rent a jeep, but re-thinking that based on some fun looking excursions Carnival has to offer.

SORRY for being long winded :eek: , any thoughts would be helpful

I've not been to any of these ports, so I can't help you there, though the walking tour of Old San Juan sounds like a good one! I wouldn't mind missing dinner on ship for one night. We will be going on the Triumph in February, so I will know more when we get back.;)

I am confused about you saying there is only one excursion in St. Thomas though..:confused: ..there are many excursions to choose from there.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionsSearchResults.aspx?portname=St.+Thomas%2c+USVI&portcode=STT&region=CE

Hope you have a great cruise!

kitty

The first time we went to these ports we did Carnival excursions, we like to see and get to know the places we go so we usually take excursions that take us around the islands. Now that we have a pretty good idea we will be taking a taxi to the ferry to go to St. John's on our own this next cruise since we have seen quite a bit of St. Thomas. On St. Maarten we always rent jeeps just one road around the island so getting lost is difficult. We head over to the French side shop in the open air market and then spend some time on Orient beach having lunch and enjoying the sites. This year the kids will be parasailing while there. Then we head back to Phillipsburg for shoping and return the jeeps to the pier.

Archived