Cruise Air to San Juan President's Week

cruz_luvr1

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the airfare this year to be astronomically high. We weighed the options of taking the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Mariner again this year (from Orlando) vs. the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. I couldn't believe how much the airfare to Orlando has gone up since last year! Last year for the same week, we got $380 roundtrip pp - this year there is nothing under $500!

For San Juan, nothing decent under $700! However, RC offered us $599 pp, so we took that. However, I'm scared sh**less that we're going to have the flights from Hell. We have to pay up the cruise (and get our plane tickets) on December 12. I wonder if the airfare to SJ will go down enough by then for me to pick my own flights. Through RC, we are flying down to SJ on 2/16 and staying for two nights at the Sheraton Old San Juan - the cruise leaves on 2/18. On the way back, we are not staying in SJ - just flying back to Boston on 2/25.

I'm praying that RC has to book charters for that week - at least that way we know we will have direct flights (right?).

Oh - and by the way - RC said there was no option for custom flights (air deviation) for that week.

Debbie from Boston

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the airfare this year to be astronomically high. We weighed the options of taking the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Mariner again this year (from Orlando) vs. the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. I couldn't believe how much the airfare to Orlando has gone up since last year! Last year for the same week, we got $380 roundtrip pp - this year there is nothing under $500!

For San Juan, nothing decent under $700! However, RC offered us $599 pp, so we took that. However, I'm scared sh**less that we're going to have the flights from Hell. We have to pay up the cruise (and get our plane tickets) on December 12. I wonder if the airfare to SJ will go down enough by then for me to pick my own flights. Through RC, we are flying down to SJ on 2/16 and staying for two nights at the Sheraton Old San Juan - the cruise leaves on 2/18. On the way back, we are not staying in SJ - just flying back to Boston on 2/25.

I'm praying that RC has to book charters for that week - at least that way we know we will have direct flights (right?).

Oh - and by the way - RC said there was no option for custom flights (air deviation) for that week.

Debbie from Boston

I found a decent itinerary departing on 2/15 BOS-SJU (direct flight one stop no change of planes) and returning 2/26 SJU-MCO-ATL-BOS for $418.50 total including taxes. If that price is worth staying an extra night on either end and putting up with a double connection on the way home, let me know and I will post the details.

Another option would be departing 2/16 BOS-SJU and returning 2/26 for $448.50. Another double connection on the way home and a single connection on the way down. This might work as well. Let me know and I will post the details of this trip.

Bill

Archived