Tulum and beach - who does the best tours?

CruisinFools

This will be our 3rd trip to Cozumel. First time, we made a mistake and wound up shopping all day (ugh! not my thing). The next time, DH wanted to do the Atlantis submarine excursion (it was OK). This time, we want to see Tulum and I want to get in some beach time. Is there a good, local, REPUTABLE, RECOMMENDED tour guide that will meet us at the dock, take us to the Ferry over to Playa del Carmen, show us the ruins and return us to the dock. Also, we'd love to get in some beach time if possible. Help, anyone?! Thanks!

Since you have to go to the mainland, I would book it through the cruiseline just to be safe. It's really far away from the ship, and you have to take a boat, then take a long bus ride. It's a long day. I did this through Carnival and it was pretty nice. It was HOT though (October) and we didn't get too much beach time. There is a private beach at the ruins and it is just beautiful. I wish I would have snuck away from the tour a little early to spend more time at the beach. I think we only had 30 to 45 minutes at the beach before we had to go back.

Personally, I wouldn't do this again, but I am more of a beachy person. Last month when we went to Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and layed in the sun, swam, drank beer and ate some good food. We had a great time there.

Archived