Swan Puffs

DeputyBob

Just sitting here daydreaming about my upcoming Connie cruise, and the Swan Puff came to mind. I remember Celebrity brochures from the 90s featured the Swan Puff, and I've always thought of it as the signature Celebrity dessert. On my first Celebrity cruise on the Horizon in '95, I thought it was just so special. I've seen it bad-mouthed as tasteless and boring on some threads, and there certainly are many other delicious desserts on Celebrity, but I think the Swan is my favorite. It's been on the menu the first evening on my last few cruises, and of course there are always plenty at the Grand Buffet. Something to look forward to!

Bob P.

can't explain it but I love those stupid swan puffs too! It really isn't a big deal but the fact that it looks like a swam just makes me smile. However, I do expect the head to be on straight so presentation is important to me before I make it disappear! Maybe I can pack some in my suitcase for the trip home....:D

can't explain it but I love those stupid swan puffs too! It really isn't a big deal but the fact that it looks like a swam just makes me smile. However, I do expect the head to be on straight so presentation is important to me before I make it disappear! Maybe I can pack some in my suitcase for the trip home....:D
I like the ones that are craning their neck towards me--it gives them personality.:D

Just sitting here daydreaming about my upcoming Connie cruise, and the Swan Puff came to mind. I remember Celebrity brochures from the 90s featured the Swan Puff, and I've always thought of it as the signature Celebrity dessert. On my first Celebrity cruise on the Horizon in '95, I thought it was just so special. I've seen it bad-mouthed as tasteless and boring on some threads, and there certainly are many other delicious desserts on Celebrity, but I think the Swan is my favorite. It's been on the menu the first evening on my last few cruises, and of course there are always plenty at the Grand Buffet. Something to look forward to!

Bob P.

I have to agree with you. I think it is because it is the signature dessert - it was pictured and also mentioned in their brochure back when we first cruised the Zenith back in 1992 and is something we look forward to on the first night. It wouldn't be a Celebrity cruise without the swan puff!

Bob P.

Here are two photos:

photo36.html

photo4.html

Well, I just did a "preview" and it didn't work, so here's the link: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/315918/index.html :D

Archived