transportation options

dover

The only economical way is to take a train from Rome to Civitavecchia and then a taxi to the port. A taxi from Rome to the port will cost about 125 euros. The train is certainly cheaper, but it will be a lot of hassle bringing all your stuff to the railway station in Rome, going on the train, etc. It's probably best to arrange your transportation in advance as there are reportedly very few taxis that are actually available in Civitavecchia.

Another option is to book a private driver through your hotel with a group to limit the cost...if that is possible. This is what we did and it was worth it. We walked off the ship when we wanted to with no problems. I don't recommend the train, but it is quick. We took the train from Rome to the

Airport when returning home. I had someone try to open my backpack while I was lugging my luggage on the train. The train was nice though.

Good Luck!

Check with your travel agent the cruise lines usually offer reasonably pricesd transfers from the airport to the ship. The hotel may give you free trasnfers from the airport where have you get onto the cruise lines bus. If you booked your hotel as a pre-cruise package with the cruise line they will pick you up at the hote.

Your TA shoudl have all this info available

Archived