Anyone received Aeroplan points for their Cruise with RCCL?

TiggyBear

Hi - this is my first post, but I have been following many threads with interest, especially this one regarding Aeoplan. In December I mailed invoice copies for two cruises, one to Alaska in September 2006 and one to Bermuda in October 2006 to Aeroplan centre. And today, both accounts, DH and mine were credited 4,800 points each. It would seem we received double points, as each cruise was 7 days.

Crusebuddy

Kind of strange to get 4800 points for two seven-day cruises :confused: . If you got 200 points per day for 14 days it would be 2800, and double this would be 5600... In any case to get this amount you must have made the booking in or after November 2005, and not that long after. I don't remember how long the double points window was. Anyone know?

By the way for our 11-day cruise in September 2006 and 14-day cruise in December 2006, which we booked in December 2005, we ended up with 10,000 points each for myself and my wife. Good luck to all of you. :D

Gerry

I noticed this thread a day after booking, so I decided to call the number provided in an earlier post in order to add my Aeroplan number. Well I had a rather rude agent tell me that Aeroplan numbers could only be added at the time of booking, so I was a day too late??? When I asked him where this information was provided he told me on the Aeroplan site. I don't see it worded that way anywhere. Is he right and I'm SOL, or should I call back and try to speak to someone else or just send the information in after the cruise? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed this thread a day after booking, so I decided to call the number provided in an earlier post in order to add my Aeroplan number. Well I had a rather rude agent tell me that Aeroplan numbers could only be added at the time of booking, so I was a day too late??? When I asked him where this information was provided he told me on the Aeroplan site. I don't see it worded that way anywhere. Is he right and I'm SOL, or should I call back and try to speak to someone else or just send the information in after the cruise? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you speak to someone else. I had my number added on one of my cruise reservations just a couple of days ago after booking it in December. In fact, I had called to make sure the number was on my three bookings, and it was only on two, so she added it to the third one.

It seems that some RCI agents are not familiar with Aeroplan - most customers are Americans - so some answer without the full knowledge of the facts.

Gerry

themoon - I sent copies of both my invoices from my TA to Aeroplan after the fact, as I wasn't aware of the partnership between RCCL and Aeroplan either until I was reading the threads. I didn't speak to anyone at Aeroplan, just kept checking both our accounts (mine & DH) until the points were credited. It took two months to get the miles credited.

Eliger - The booking for August 2006 received double points 2800 and the one for June 2006 received 1400.

Hi - this is my first post, but I have been following many threads with interest, especially this one regarding Aeoplan. In December I mailed invoice copies for two cruises, one to Alaska in September 2006 and one to Bermuda in October 2006 to Aeroplan centre. And today, both accounts, DH and mine were credited 4,800 points each. It would seem we received double points, as each cruise was 7 days.

Crusebuddy

Hi Crusebuddy,

Can you tell me more about how you received the points? Is there a number or contact person at Aeroplan that you suggest that I should in touch with?

What information did you send them?

Thanks for your help

Tiggybear

Hi Tiggybear

I sent a copy of the invoice from my TA with a covering letter, requesting mileage credits to Aeroplan at the following address:

Aeroplan Centre

PO Box 7737, Station Terminal

Vancouver, BC

V6B 5W9

Canada

The invoice included the TA's address etc., booking date, booking number, cruise date, ship, cabin number, price and in the letter I gave them the aeroplan numbers for both myself and DH.

I was getting a bit anxious when i didn't hear anything by the beginning of January, but at the same time I had also asked for some hotel credits. But, just last week, I got a letter from "Priority Club Rewards", saying I didn't qualify for the Aeroplan points, as I wasn't a member of the Priority Club (I am now enrolled, but too late to qualify for the hotel credits). At that point, I at least knew Aeroplan had received my letter. I've checked my balance every day, and finally, there they were!

I don't know for sure when Aeroplan started the partnership with RCI, nor do i know when double points applied, but I was just happy to get them, not really expecting too! So, I would definately send them a letter and followup with phonecalls if you don't hear anything in a couple of months. Good Luck!

Crusebuddy

I got my points:D

After numerous calls to Aeroplan and RCCL I finally got my points. Seems the whole process is messed up and does not work (guess some folks got lucky). I managed to find one person at RCCL who understood it was their fault and actually called Aeroplan to get the ball rolling.

As mentioned, the points showed up back dated to the date I made the booking. I have another cruise in 2 mths and highly doubt the points will show up. I'll follow the same process to get those points.

Good luck to all of you.

We have an upcoming cruise this October and I did not know about the connection with Aeroplan!

I wish they were retroactive because this will be our 9th with RCI! Oh well look to the future.

I called my TA and informed her and she said that she would be glad to add the number to our reservation and I think I shall go ahead and call the Crown and Anchor Rep and have her do the same.

Thanks again, points are points!

Carol

Thank You Thank You to you all!

If I had not stumbled across this information I highly doubt that I would have been made aware of this promotion between Aeroplan and RCCL.

Well you woudl figure that a travel agency that specializes with Cruise vacations would have been aware of this information with us.

I booked both our cruises myself and then transferred the booking to this TA...so both our cruises were the easiest sell she had ever made!

So I have submitted all our Aeroplan numbers and have provided all the links and phone numbers that they require to ensure we get credited for our points. In my mind this is their career and they should be versed on these promotions..so I have asked to be credited for last year's cruise as well as our upcoming March Cruise.

Again thanks to you all..

• 2 weeks later...

We have received our Aeroplan miles from our cruise last September. I'm not sure exactly when they were posted to our account as we booked in August and they were back-dated to August. I had to go back and look at our August statement to find them.

They will eventually come through!!!!

I have also been having difficulty with getting Aeroplan points. Tara at Aeroplan has been incredibly good and helpful. Her number is 1-604-295-4282.

If you have not received aeroplan credits, send her a fax to 1-604-295-4244. She needs your reservation number, name of cruise, departure date and number of nights and most important, the date on which you made your booking. The booking date is often hard to find. I used my credit card statements to see when the initial deposit was charged.

About a month after you have completed the cruise, you will be credited with the points but it will be backdated to your original booking date. It will therefore probably not be listed on your statement but your statement will show an increased number of points. You can go on-line and check your previous statements and it should show it on them.

I think it would be a lot easier if RCL posted the points according to the sailing date rather than the booking date but that is the way they do it.

andrew

I wonder if they go by booking date rather than sailing date so they don't have to credit you for missing points.:confused: When I called Aeroplan I asked about getting the points for my two cruises in November 2006 and also from the cruise in November 2005 but they told me that they only go back 6 months. I have submitted the paperwork for the 2 cruises for this past November but if they go by booking date than I'll be outside the 6 month window. I guess I'll find out soon!

Sandie

I also didn't realize until after our Sept. 2006 cruise that I could get aeroplan points. Initially I contacted RCCL in October who said they couldn't do anything after the fact. So I decided to contact aeroplan - I sent in photocopies of our booking reservation and seapass cards. Aeroplan contacted me saying the points would be credited, but wouldn't show up until January. The 1400 points were just credited recently. Yippee!

I've also phoned RCCL to have the aeroplan # added to our booking for our April Transatlantic. The agent I spoke to was very personable on the phone.

With the expiry date rules it may be helpful to transfer miles between family members, even with the fees to be sure you don't lose the miles.

I spoke to RCCI aeroplan booking people yesterday at 1-888-4371889 and 3 of them including 1 supervisor said that you have to book your cruise directly with RC to get Aeroplan points. They said to F/U this up with Aeroplan. The Aeroplan RCCI partner site states direct or TA bookings and when I talk to a Aeroplan Representative, she said to make a request for points after the cruise which should include the info advised by tocanada above. I also asked my TA to at least put our aeroplan # on our coming up Serenade cruise file since the RC reps wouldn't do this and said that the TA would have to do this. At least with our Aeroplan numbers on the cruise file, RC can see I did make this request for points.

I spoke to RCCI aeroplan booking people yesterday at 1-888-4371889 and 3 of them including 1 supervisor said that you have to book your cruise directly with RC to get Aeroplan points. They said to F/U this up with Aeroplan. The Aeroplan RCCI partner site states direct or TA bookings and when I talk to a Aeroplan Representative, she said to make a request for points after the cruise which should include the info advised by tocanada above. I also asked my TA to at least put our aeroplan # on our coming up Serenade cruise file since the RC reps wouldn't do this and said that the TA would have to do this. At least with our Aeroplan numbers on the cruise file, RC can see I did make this request for points.

As I stated earlier, we have received our aeroplan points for our cruise back in September onboard the Majesty. Not to argue the point, but my cruise was definitely not booked directly with RCCL. At the time I did not put my number against the booking because I didn't know about it. I photocopied our seapass cards and sent them to the Vancouver office. I received a phone call from there near the end of December and was told the points would be applied. They were applied sometime in January and we each recieved double miles because at the time we sailed/booked they were offering that promotion.

I'm afraid you have been given misinformation by whomever you spoke to at RCCL. We have just completed a cruise on the Serenade and have another booked for September. Our aeroplan number was applied to our bookings. I called them myself and applied the numbers and have called back since to verify the numbers by having the rep read back to me what is on our booking. I have no doubt we will get our points for those bookings.

I would suggest if you are having problems with RCCL to deal directly with Aeroplan. Most of the RCCL reps do not seem to want to be very helpful with this program.

I'm afraid you have been given misinformation by whomever you spoke to at RCCL. We have just completed a cruise on the Serenade and have another booked for September. Our aeroplan number was applied to our bookings. I called them myself and applied the numbers and have called back since to verify the numbers by having the rep read back to me what is on our booking. I have no doubt we will get our points for those bookings.

I would suggest if you are having problems with RCCL to deal directly with Aeroplan. Most of the RCCL reps do not seem to want to be very helpful with this program.

That's what I plan to do. I agree with your statement about the RCCL reps.

Like I stated I call RC twice, once before and once after calling Aeroplan and got the same answer that you must have a direct booking even from the supervisor when I asked for one during second call. When I told them what the Aeroplan RCCL partner web page indicated, they simply said you will have to take up that matter with Aeroplan since it is their plan.

Huh, its their name on the partner information!

They wouldn't even add our Aeroplan #s to our cruise file saying "since you booked thru a TA you must make that request thru your TA".

We are only during this Serenade cruise because friends really wanted us to accompany them on it and almost begged us to do it. I should have done the Pricess cruise I was looking at and would have made us platinum with them. My next cruise will be on Princess, Costa or HAL and not on RCCL. Lots of problems with our booking which I must admit my friend did to get a special price not available to me. We originally were given wrong category of cabin, separate dinings even though bookings were linked and wrongly spelled last name prevented online checkin. Our booking receipt had correct spelling of name. I don't know who was at fault for all these errors, RC or TA.

• 4 months later...

what a pain this is.... did a cruise in Dec 06.... still trying to get my points... going back between celebrity and aeroplan.... talk about passing the buck... I too am disappointed that you cant get too far at aeroplan... the buck seems to stop with the customer service rep you get.........

My last call today.... put me off another 2 months ... told me to call back around Aug 10th if I dont get my points... What a laugh............

• 1 month later...

After 4 phone calls and 2 letters I am half way there! The Aeroplan credits finally showed up in my account this week for two cruises that we took together in April and May.... but of course not in my DW's account yet.

The Aeroplan page on RCI partnerships clearly says 200 miles per night per person.

I am not looking forward to making 4 more phone calls and sending 2 more letters:rolleyes: !

I finally did get my areoplan points for my hubby and myself for our Dec 23-06 cruise.....this happened just a short while ago......At least before the Aug 10th date they had given me to call again...lol... It sure was an adventure ...jumping through all kinds of hoops.... I dont know how much time I spent talking with Celebrity and Aeroplan.... It was stupid...7 months of aggravation... but I was not about to give in...

My next cruise is coming up in about 6 weeks... so I am bracing myself for another fight..LOL

Have fun for those of you fighting for your points... be relentless and dont give up....LOL....

Archived