Must try drinks on board ship?

MOONMOUNTAIN

We will be sailing on the Spirit in November - have seen people mention

drinks on board the ship. Can anyone tell me what is your favorite drink and what is actually in it? I want to try some of the different fu fu drinks this

time but not sure what to ask for.

My favorite drink onboard is a Captain Morgan Black & Coke, with a twist of lime. (Captain Morgan Black can only be had in the Caribbean... it's a more traditional distilling of sugar cane rum and is DELICIOUS!). Wife's fave is a Carmel Apple Martini... couldn't tell you what's in it, but it tastes just like a carmel apple!

the drink of the day and the frozen foo foo drinks are not the same.

MrDood has a bar menu for Carnival. I dont have access to that site right now. It will list the drinks of the day and the frozen foo foo drinks.

My favorite is a dirty banana...taste like a frozen choc banana. Have no idea whats in there.

My favorite was the Green Apple Martini, which was a featured drink at Jeannie's Bar on the Valor. My only problem with it was getting back to my seat without spilling anything. They filled the glass right to the rim (got my money's worth:D ), but a full martini glass being carried across the deck of a moving ship presents a challenge. My family is still laughing about how I looked walking ever so slowly, practically looking cross-eyed at the glass to make sure nothing was slopping over the edge. Probably looked like I had already a few :rolleyes: .

BTW, a Miami Vice is half pina colada, half STRAWBERRY dacquiri...yum... My kids liked the fact that most of the fu fu drinks were also available in non-alcolohic versions. DD definitely went through several virgin Miami Vices.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

My favorite was the Green Apple Martini, which was a featured drink at Jeannie's Bar on the Valor. My only problem with it was getting back to my seat without spilling anything. They filled the glass right to the rim (got my money's worth:D ), but a full martini glass being carried across the deck of a moving ship presents a challenge. My family is still laughing about how I looked walking ever so slowly, practically looking cross-eyed at the glass to make sure nothing was slopping over the edge. Probably looked like I had already a few :rolleyes: .

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Hey, Carol? If it was so full, why didn't drink a little before walking with it? LOL! I have to every time with the rum & cokes... usually end up having to just turn around and order another because I drink the first one... :D

What's in the Green Apple Martini? Maybe that's what the wifey always has...?

Hi Moonmountain,

My fav is the Miami Vice. It is half pina colada and have strawberry dacquiri. I had it all the time on the Victory and it's the best!!!!:D

Enjoy your cruise!!:)

the drink of the day and the frozen foo foo drinks are not the same.

MrDood has a bar menu for Carnival. I dont have access to that site right now. It will list the drinks of the day and the frozen foo foo drinks.

My favorite is a dirty banana...taste like a frozen choc banana. Have no idea whats in there.

ohh, that's sounds good! I love frozen bananas, I'll be gettin' one of those in a few weeks!

I'll also third or fourth the Miami Vice's....LOVE 'em!

My favorite drink onboard is a Captain Morgan Black & Coke, with a twist of lime. (Captain Morgan Black can only be had in the Caribbean... it's a more traditional distilling of sugar cane rum and is DELICIOUS!). Wife's fave is a Carmel Apple Martini... couldn't tell you what's in it, but it tastes just like a carmel apple!

Oh, those both sound YUM! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the CM Black...

Oh, those both sound YUM! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the CM Black...

My Carnival guy is going on a cruise from Galveston next month... he's going to get my two bottles while he's there. -AND- our company is supposed to be sending us to Grand Cayman for the comapny trip in January, so I'll have to get more!

:D

:rolleyes: French Martini! I have to admit while we was on the Glory last June, and went to the Martini bar, the bartender asked me a few questions and found out what type of drink I like and made me this. I Loved It!!!!

I wish I could remember his name, he was wonderful.

Archived