Golden Princess Fitness Center - Type of Equipment?

AlaskaGolden

Has anyone been on the Golden recently, and used the equipment in the Fitness Center? I like to work out using mostly the machines with free weights for my arms only. Any idea what type of machines they have? It is a good selection for legs, shoulders, chest, etc.?

Thank you!

Has anyone been on the Golden recently, and used the equipment in the Fitness Center? I like to work out using mostly the machines with free weights for my arms only. Any idea what type of machines they have? It is a good selection for legs, shoulders, chest, etc.?

Thank you!

We were last on the Golden in 2005, but the gyms in the Grand class ships are all pretty similar, and we just returned from the Star. There are ample free weights as well as resistance machines (the Star's machines had been replaced, apparently in the recent drydock and were a different brand than they've used in the past) and a full body workout is quite doable. Usual collection of bicep, tricep, leg press, etc. that you would find in a medium size on shore gym, as well as the areobic equipment, and you can also sign up for a session with the personal trainers if you want. There's an extra fee, but if the equipment isn't familiar to you or you just want to tune up your workout, it probably is worth it. There are also fee and free classes scheduled and a daily walk a mile on deck program.

I was on the Golden this September and I was quite disappointed with the fitness center. Though all the usual body workout machines were there (including stationary bikes, treads, dumbbells, etc.), all this equipment was jammed uncomfortably close into a small quarter section of the deck. The entire "room" appeared to have been an afterthought.

Thank you!

I agree we were on the Golden in April 06 and the fitness room was crammed. We were all jogging elbow to elbow not very inspiring, but the rest of the boat is fantastic.

Joshua 1

Archived