Black Lace Top

Brenda33

I have a pretty black lace long sleeve top with high neck line. I am planning on wearing it with a flowy long black skirt and a cool silver chain belt. Is it ok to wear just a black bra under the top or do I need to wear a camisole? I think the bra is ok.....just want to check..... Thanks for your opinions.:)

In case I wasn't clear, the lace top is see thru.

There are a lot of variables out there. If you can be comfortable when husbands are panting and wives are glaring.... and it will happen!

Personally, I am in favor of a flesh toned camisole. I have a sequin top that I thought looked quite nice and had no idea until I saw the pictures - omg don't even want to remember that.

But then, I am older and I think my 27 year old daughter would see things much differently.

Ok, I kind of left out another part.....this outfit isn't for my upcoming cruise....I just thought it a great place to ask the question. Its to wear to a wedding tomorrow. I hope its still ok that I asked. Thanks for all your opinions too. I appreciate each and every one. On my upcoming cruise we plan on not dressing for formal night....I would love to....but DH hates dressing up.

Ok, I kind of left out another part.....this outfit isn't for my upcoming cruise....I just thought it a great place to ask the question. Its to wear to a wedding tomorrow. I hope its still ok that I asked. Thanks for all your opinions too. I appreciate each and every one. On my upcoming cruise we plan on not dressing for formal night....I would love to....but DH hates dressing up.

A wedding? I'd definitely go for the camisole. You don't want to upstage the bride.

The bride is supposed to the the center of attention - camisole!!!

I would say camisole also, and would go with black rather than nude. If you could match the nude to your own skin tone, that might be different, but if you go with black, I think it would look more like it's a part of the lace top.

For a wedding, definitely a camisole.

Wearing a black bra underneath would probably anger the bride and her family and understandibly so.

For future wearings, including a cruise, I think it depends on a few factors. You didn't say if it's a stretch lace, which is close to the body or a lacey blouse-like fabric.

If you do wear a black bra underneath, I agree with Blue Herons that this look works if you're not busty and have no torso fat or flab.

Also, you need a really pretty black bra, not your everyday Tee-shirt bra.

I agree with Jane110. For a cruise a black bra is fine. That look is pretty and a little sexy as long as there is not an extra roll at the waistline. If there is that extra buldge a black or a natural colored cami is fine.

Well I thank you all for your comments. I will go with the black cami, although I don't have a tummy roll. I just lost weight for my cruise too!! YIPPEE....made it to 120 and hoping for 3 more pounds within the next 2 weeks. Wish me luck!!!:D

Archived