Had Great Cruise now not Happy!!

Nilla

Went on a 3 night PNW cruise a few weeks ago had a great time, get my credit card statement yesterday, I have been charged for me and my cabin mates On Board Charges. We both set up our own credit cards with the lady when we boarded and asked to make sure it was all done correctly, she assured us it was. Well my credit card was billed for both of us. I called X this mornign and the lady was rather rude to me, said she will fax me out the last statement too me some time today! I was not at all impressed with her tone of voice she was using towards me, I was simply asking questions and she kept snapping at me telling me I will fax you the bills that is the first step.

So my question is does this happen often? How will this go about getting fixed? Any input woudl be great! Thank you!

Went on a 3 night PNW cruise a few weeks ago had a great time, get my credit card statement yesterday, I have been charged for me and my cabin mates On Board Charges. We both set up our own credit cards with the lady when we boarded and asked to make sure it was all done correctly, she assured us it was. Well my credit card was billed for both of us. I called X this mornign and the lady was rather rude to me, said she will fax me out the last statement too me some time today! I was not at all impressed with her tone of voice she was using towards me, I was simply asking questions and she kept snapping at me telling me I will fax you the bills that is the first step.

So my question is does this happen often? How will this go about getting fixed? Any input woudl be great! Thank you!

I have not had this happen to me, but have heard of it happening. I think it is fairly easily straightened out. I would not have put up with the rudeness from the person you spoke to at Celebrity. If it happens again I would politely ask to speak to her supervisor and explain the situation and the attitude of the person you spoke to.

I think it would be a good idea to call your credit card company and dispute the charges just in case you have problems with Celebrity.

Terri

While you are onboard, you are able to view your account on the television (along with separate accounts of anybody else in the cabin). If you had done that onboard, you would have seen that everything was going to your account and you could have fixed it then. That's just advise for next time and is not in any way meant to blame YOU. There is no excuse for the rudeness you were shown while trying to clear up their mistake...

Didn't they realize, when they were asked to sign the charge slip(s), that the slip showed YOUR name? ... All the charge slips I have ever been presented on board a ship show that I would be the one getting charged. Sometimes people don't look at what they are signing, but I do.

I have also been in the situation where 2 DIFFERENT people had different accounts set up. Mine, and someone else's. WHen they got their charge slip to sign, it showed their name, not mine.

While you are onboard, you are able to view your account on the television (along with separate accounts of anybody else in the cabin). If you had done that onboard, you would have seen that everything was going to your account and you could have fixed it then. That's just advise for next time and is not in any way meant to blame YOU. There is no excuse for the rudeness you were shown while trying to clear up their mistake...

While that is the way it is supposed to work, the system is not infallible.

I had a group of 136 on RCI in August. One of my clients was overcharged by over $10,000 on a three day cruise and her last day invoice (they do not have interactive TV on this ship) was under 100. It turned out that every single person who had used a debit card was double charged, some even more. It took weeks to straighten out and customer service was not a good experiece.

My client with the 10,000 overcharge used a debit card and the mess created by this RCI glitch got so out of control that she ended up closing her checking account and we had to go after RCI for several hundred dollars in overdraft charges.

It does happen and can take some work to get resolved.

Well when we got the print outs there was two seperate break downs one for me and one for my cabin mate. This is the same way I have seen print outs in the past so it did not throw up any flags. I still have not recieved a copy of the fax she said she would fax me. Then I will see what it states on this! But as far as my name being on his receipts no it was all in his name!

While that is the way it is supposed to work, the system is not infallible.

I had a group of 136 on RCI in August. One of my clients was overcharged by over $10,000 on a three day cruise and her last day invoice (they do not have interactive TV on this ship) was under 100. It turned out that every single person who had used a debit card was double charged, some even more. It took weeks to straighten out and customer service was not a good experiece.

My client with the 10,000 overcharge used a debit card and the mess created by this RCI glitch got so out of control that she ended up closing her checking account and we had to go after RCI for several hundred dollars in overdraft charges.

It does happen and can take some work to get resolved.

That is one of the reasons why I will never use a debit card. If that type of error was made on a credit card, the person could have just refused to pay the portion of his/her Visa or Discover Bill that was in dispute while the problem was being resolved.

That is one of the reasons why I will never use a debit card. If that type of error was made on a credit card, the person could have just refused to pay the portion of his/her Visa or Discover Bill that was in dispute while the problem was being resolved.

Agreed, but this poor woman was an inexperienced traveller who received the cruise as a gift. She had no idea it could be such a mess.

I felt really bad for her and am pretty sure she will never set foot on a cruise ship again:(

Agreed, but this poor woman was an inexperienced traveller who received the cruise as a gift. She had no idea it could be such a mess.

I felt really bad for her and am pretty sure she will never set foot on a cruise ship again:(

I agree with you. That is a horrible experience for anyone to endure. What if she had that much money in her checking account when the erroneous debit was processed and had to try and get it back?

Well when we got the print outs there was two seperate break downs one for me and one for my cabin mate. This is the same way I have seen print outs in the past so it did not throw up any flags. I still have not recieved a copy of the fax she said she would fax me. Then I will see what it states on this! But as far as my name being on his receipts no it was all in his name!

You should not be responsible for knowing Celebrity's billing system; BUT there should have been two separate printouts; with a different Billing Number (each reflecting a different credit card) in the upper left hand corner under the name of the ship, and the embarkation and disembarkation dates.

Then each bill should have a separate "Balance Due" total.

I can see how you believed that the bills were separate. My wife uses her former name, so the bill I got from our recent Constellation cruise had charges which I signed for kept separately from charges she signed for. Since all the charges were on one credit card, it made no difference to us.

As others have correctly noted, none of this is an excuse for discourtesy from any Celebrity employee, however; and I hope you will be able to follow up on that to make sure it is noted and addressed along with the bill correction.

You could also just ask your friend to give you a check in the amount of their charges. Doesn't excuse the fact that it happened or the rudeness you encountered but since it is your friend I would think it might just be the easier way to handle the situation.

Just my 2 cents

Archived