dining question

When requesting early or late seating, do you also have the choice of having a private table or not?? This will be our first cruise with having to have assigned dining, we have always chosen personal choice dining. We are not antisocial, but have found we enjoy dining ourselves with our two children, since we spend so little time together during the cruise!

Yes, you can request a table for 4, but there is no guarantee that you will get it. When you get on board, go to the dining room and check out your table (table# will be on your Seapass card). If it is not what you want, see the maitre d' that afternoon and see if he/she can make a change. A 4-top should not be too hard to get as there are usually quite few in the dining room. Good Luck!

I agree with the others, I love being at large tables and getting to meet your tablemates. You will likely see them around the ship and ports for the rest of the week and its nice to recognize and talk to others, aside from your mate or group that you travel with. Of course if you still want a private table, you can call RCCL or your TA and tell them to request a table for 2, or however many in your party. If for some reason they cannot accomodate you, visit the Maitre'D when you get to the ship to check on your table and make different arrangements at that time if you dont like your table. Remember, you also have the option of private seating at the speciality restaurants on most ships if you dont mind paying the extra fee for the dinner. :)

To me dining with other cruisers and getting to know them and hear their stories is one of the things I enjoy about cruising...and it is one of the thinks that is unique to a cruise vacation!

Thats great,,,but like I said we enjoy dining together. We socalize more around the pool all day. To each their own.

All requests are just that and not guaranteed. I was actually shocked last week when we went to find our table to find out it was a table for 2. We always request a large table and I know that the 2s are a premium. We didn't request a change because we thought since the Freedom was sooo big it might be nice to just eat with each other, but I really think we would have had a better time at a large table. I like to hear what other people did that day and I already knew what we did! :)

Archived