Carnival's Sierra Madre Tour

booboo4031

I've seen many different Sierra Madre Tours, but has anyone done the Carnival 7 hour ship tour?? I have booked this one for the 10/29 sailing but I don't want to be bored out of my mind either. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nearly all booked via the ship are the same. In Mazatlan you first head to Concordia. Its a small typical Mexican town with a nice center plaza and church. Along the way you stop at a brick factory and furniture factory. After Concordia you stop at Copola for some shopping and lunch at Daniels. Actually pretty good food. Be sure to stop in the little shop where the artist makes leather masks. They make great gifts and are pretty cheap. Then back down a stop at the Golden zone. All in all not a bad trip

If you want to do the Sierra Madria tour in Mazatlan I can not recommend going with Mazatlan Frank enough. We went with him a couple of years ago and it was the best. He or his partner Tomato are both great. Don't do the ship excursion it is not the best way to see the beauty of the montians. Frank gives you much more information and totally different spin on Mazatlan, Copala, and Concorda.

I have done both and would never go back to the ship sponsered excursions. More expensive with out the personal attintion.

Just my opionion,

Dorothy

I agree with Rubyslippers that private tours are great. I almost always just hire a local. But I will not chance it on a tour that is a long way out of town like a Sierra Madre tour. In my 35+ cruises I learned one thing early on...DO NOT miss the ship. You just never know what can happen with a privte tour. Engine trouble, flat tire, etc. With a tour through the cruise line, they will not leave without you.

My hubby and I are considering booking this excursion with Carnival - Especially, now since you guys all gave it such good reviews. ;) But, are you mostly driving through the mountains or is there some hiking also ? I know my husband is not going to want to be stuck on a bus without being able to get out and enjoy the scenery first hand ... As far as seeing the sights in the town, are you able to walk around quite a bit, as well ? I guess these factors will make the final decision for us, as to whether or not we book this excursion. I am new at cruising, so please be patient with me :o. Thanks !!

event.png

115975903073498.gif

My hubby and I are considering booking this excursion with Carnival - Especially, now since you guys all gave it such good reviews. ;) But, are you mostly driving through the mountains or is there some hiking also ? I know my husband is not going to want to be stuck on a bus without being able to get out and enjoy the scenery first hand ... As far as seeing the sights in the town, are you able to walk around quite a bit, as well ? I guess these factors will make the final decision for us, as to whether or not we book this excursion. I am new at cruising, so please be patient with me :o. Thanks !!

event.png

115975903073498.gif

All the stops allowed for time to walk around and explore a little. Some more than others.

Archived