Younger Adults

albs_99

Hi everybody,

I am embarking on a Pacific Sun cruise in Jan 2006. I am 24 and was just wanted everyone's experience on whether there are many passengers aged between say 20-30?

Is there anything on particular on board that attract this age group that I should be aware of? Thanks...

Hi there

The age groups on each cruise are usually fairly well spread however it can depend on the individual cruise I've been and the majority have been 20-35 and other times the majority have been 50-70 and few younger people if it is something that concerns you call P & O or get your travel agent to call for you and ask for the demographics of your particular cruise. (ie largest age groups)

Hi albs_99,

We're just back from a North Queensland cruise on Pacific Star and there were plenty of 20 - 30 yo's (as well as most other age groups). I have to say that I was fairly surprised at the broad distribution of ages. I was also impressed at how well all ages were catered for as far as entertainment was concerned.

On Star the 20 - 30 yo's seemed to be particularly enjoying the late night parties - music, dancing, karaoke etc. (after the traditional evening "show"). If Sun has two dining sittings I recommend that you ask to be on the 2nd sitting as 1st sitting suits the families with small children and those older folk who like to get to bed at a reasonable hour. :)

I'm sure there are others who could be more specific about unique aspects onboard Sun.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

Regards,

Roger.

Hi albs,

I posted a similar thread when I first came on here last month:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417700

You will find a lot of info you are probably after on that forum topic.

I am almost in the same boat as you, 24 aswell, from Sydney, going on cruise Jan 2007 but am on the Pacific Star!

Also if you booked direct with P&O, you can ask them demographics for age groups and gender on the cruise. Try maybe speaking to the person you booked with though as ive noticed some call centre staff didnt wanna bother telling u this info.

You will find lots of very useful info on here and the people are all fantastic and willing to answer your questions almost immediately, even if the questions been answered many times b4!

Archived