coffee cards

kingsx

coffee card is a little different than the soda cards. Soda cards are usually a set price (usually based on # of days on cruise) and gives you unlimited soda.

Coffee card is $24.95 as of last week and gives you 15 specialty coffees (i.e. cappuchino, latte, frap, etc.) plus unlimited brewed coffee. Normally a latte cost $2 a cup so you are saving 5.05.

coffee card is a little different than the soda cards. Soda cards are usually a set price (usually based on # of days on cruise) and gives you unlimited soda.

Coffee card is $24.95 as of last week and gives you 15 specialty coffees (i.e. cappuchino, latte, frap, etc.) plus unlimited brewed coffee. Normally a latte cost $2 a cup so you are saving 5.05.

Savings increase when you have a waiter who conviently "forgets" to punch the card which I believe happens a lot. :D

Hi There,

While on my last trip on the Grand we would go to the same bar every night and meet the same waiter most nights he knew our names and our drinks after a few days he would over us a second cup free by the end of the cruise we had used up all our coffee credits so went to charge to our room he did not, he was the same waiter we had met a few years ago on the Golden and is was so nice to meet up with him again and hear about his family etc.

yours Shogun

how much is the coffee card on the crown. 14days away can't wait

Sounds like you are on the same cruise as we are....Nov. 4??? Have you been to our roll call? I'm so glad you asked this question about the coffee card. The "syrup" coffee on Princess is so bad it was my only complaint about Princess. The coffee on Carnival is brewed coffee and FREE that I am a little miffed that Princess would charge for this but what can you do?

My question is, does the coffee card of UNLIMITED Brewed coffee mean brewed coffee if you order room service? I have not seen anyone mention this and if it doesn't then I probably won't buy a card. Thanks for all you respond!

My question is, does the coffee card of UNLIMITED Brewed coffee mean brewed coffee if you order room service? I have not seen anyone mention this and if it doesn't then I probably won't buy a card. Thanks for all you respond!

You can only get brewed coffee at the International Cafe. Everywhere else, including room service, is syrup based. Yuck! If you are a coffee-holic, get the coffee card. It's well worth it.

Savings increase when you have a waiter who conviently "forgets" to punch the card which I believe happens a lot. :D

Yes that would of been nice, but no waiter every "forgot" to punch the card. I usually dealt with the same guy, and even tipped him a dollar every so often, even though the cost included the tip.

Where do you get this little coffee card? And Im sorry but I am new to crusing, but where all can you get speciality coffees? (We will be in the Grand.)

We think there is a coffee bar in the atrium on the plaza level, but perhaps elsewhere, too. Can anyone who has been on the Grand recently confirm this?

Can you order 2 latte at the same time, one for each person?:confused: Can you use it in the dining room or just at a coffee bar?

yes, you can order as many as you want, and you can order anywhere there is an expresso machine, which I've noticed are more frequent than on past cruises.

Yes that would of been nice, but no waiter every "forgot" to punch the card. I usually dealt with the same guy, and even tipped him a dollar every so often, even though the cost included the tip.

Guess we were lucky to get a "forgetful" waiter. ;)

• 4 months later...

When you say specialty coffees (like "frap") does that include the frozen type? We are sailing on the Grand 11/10/07 and my husband is a coffee fiend, including regular brewed and all manner of specialty coffee drinks so I would really like to know the specifics of this. Thanks to anyone with info.:) Also, when and where do you get the card?

I read on one of these postings that the only bad thing about the coffee bar is that it doesn't open early. For those that are early risers and want coffee on the balcony first thing - this might put a damper on things. I have also read the coffee from room service is the syrup stuff....I intend to bring a small 4 cup coffee pot just so I can have my coffee and my lovely morning balcony experience without having to sweat/moan/groan/complain about not getting the good coffee when I want it. :D

BTW...you can't any longer assume that brewed coffee is automatically free at the Patisserie if you have a coffee card. It was NOT free even with the card on the Sun in January.

Hi Yellowfish - how's your DH?

I had the coffee card on the Sun and once had to wait while the person serving at the Patisserie verified that we were supposed to get the coffee free. Another time I ordered a cappucino for me and a decaf coffee for DH and they punched the card twice - I didn't realize they had until we left the area. I don't think they sell enough of the coffee cards for all of them to be familiar with what is included. The bar in the Horizon court made the best tasting mocha cappucinos and they understood the brewed coffee was free and unlimited with the card.

Julie

Hi Yellowfish - how's your DH?

Hi Julie! Thanks for asking, it's been pretty rough. It took 2 significant surgeries to get things right, now we are into 3x weekly therapy sessions, lots of pain (his in his arms, mine in my neck!). We're flying the coop shortly, just booked a Panama Canal cruise (who'd have thunk it?)...he can be miserable just as easily on a ship, and as for me, well, I guarantee I'll be quite happy! Hi to Joe!

I read on one of these postings that the only bad thing about the coffee bar is that it doesn't open early. For those that are early risers and want coffee on the balcony first thing - this might put a damper on things. I have also read the coffee from room service is the syrup stuff....I intend to bring a small 4 cup coffee pot just so I can have my coffee and my lovely morning balcony experience without having to sweat/moan/groan/complain about not getting the good coffee when I want it. :D

Unless of course you are talking SUNRISE...

On Star in Nov I was at the coffee bar each morning, at what I consider an early hour for vacation. I was there by about 7 each day if memory serves me correctly and I got my specialty coffee sans difficulty!

Archived