Prepaid tips....Does this include the 15% on drinks bill

Evelina691

As the title says.

I have prepaid the gratuities for all 5 of my family.

Does this mean that the 15% wont be added to all of my bar bills

No, it does not mean that. You have prepaid gratuities for your cabin steward and dining staff only, *not* including the Maitre'D.

Hi Eve, and welcome to the boards!

To be precise, the tips you have prepaid ($10 per person per day), are broken down as follows:

$3.60 for dining room waitstaff, $5.50 for cabin steward, and $ .90 for alternative dining staff.

You will be provided an envelope on the last evening, should you decide to tip the maitre d'. Your decision.

Other tipping during the cruise would be $1 or $2 to the attendant who delivers room service. As Hoski said a tip for Camp Carnival personnel if you use them.

:D .......About the 15% for bar drinks......Your prepaid tips could never include those tips added to your beverage purchases, as there's no way to know how many drinks you will order/consume while on the cruise. See?

Have a great cruise with your family!

Hey get used to it,,,, tip,tip,tip,,,, everytime they hand you a drink, a specialty cup of coffee, anything they can gouge you for the tip.....does anyone remember what the term tip originally was used for.

Jim

Hey get used to it,,,, tip,tip,tip,,,, everytime they hand you a drink, a specialty cup of coffee, anything they can gouge you for the tip.....does anyone remember what the term tip originally was used for.

Jim

Wasn't it "To Insure Proper service" ?

Thanks for the previous two postings. I have to agree with that idea of to insure prompt or courteous service, But I do not tip just because someone is providing the very basic of service, which in reality is their job. Such as pouring me a cup of coffee at a counter and scanning my card. Now a cocktail waitress lugging a tray around, or the bartender which makes it enjoyable, they deserve it. After all none of these services other than the buffee counter is selfservice, they are being paid.

Jim

The 15% on bar gratuities== will be automatic. When you sign the bill the waiter will have already included that. It is NOT negotiable. You cant take it off at all. even if the service was bad.

So, after the cruise, if I feel that the service is inadequate during the cruise, can I adjust my tip accordingly? Can I increase the tip to the cabin attendant only and decrease the tip to the dining staff (or vice versa)?

I also remember to tip spa personal,if any services are used,on my last cruise I went to have my hair done,it is very long was hard for the lady to get it all put up,she did an exceptional job thought she deserved a tip but if she'd have done a lousy job not so sure, but this is basically true in all tipping,I assume.

The 15% on bar gratuities== will be automatic. When you sign the bill the waiter will have already included that. It is NOT negotiable. You cant take it off at all. even if the service was bad.

On the carnival website it clearly states that the 15% bar gratuity can be adjusted.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Gratuities_Tips.aspxspacer.gif

Bar Waiters, Deck Stewards and Bell Boys - Certain personnel, as noted above, may be tipped as service is rendered. A 15% gratuity is automatically added to beverage purchases which the guest may adjust appropriate to the service received.

pholter

I agree, to me $70 is such a low number.I cant imagine ever leaving just that amount for a week stay in a hotel where ate and ordered room service.

I usually tip 20-25% when if the service was good-to-excellent and the standard 15% for adequate service.

On drinks....usually a buck or two.

They can't charge you for tips on that when they have no idea how much you drink. I only drink 2-3 drinks total in the evening while listening to music in one of the lounges. I would be "shafted" if they precharged tips on that as most drink considerably more. Hey some folks are tee-totalers it sure would not be fair to charge them tips when they drink nothing.

pholter

I agree, to me $70 is such a low number.I cant imagine ever leaving just that amount for a week stay in a hotel where ate and ordered room service.

I usually tip 20-25% when if the service was good-to-excellent and the standard 15% for adequate service.

On drinks....usually a buck or two.

I'm right there with you 100%.... It's a shame we aren't cruising the same week as it seems we see eye to eye on sooooo many things on this board! :)

Archived