Sail Away.....

Fun~N~Sun

When we were on our cruise for sail away from each port we went to our room and on the balcony with a couple of buckets of beer and or a Long Island, did we miss something by not being out on deck during this time? We liked being on the balcony because we were on a very port intensive cruise and fortunately for us all except once we docked with our room facing the port we enjoyed watching the stragglers making the last minute run for the ship and watching the island fade into the distance.

We usually hang out on our balcony as well during the sail away from the ports. Usually, we are pooped and taking naps anyway!! :D I too, love to watch the stragglers run to make the ship. I don't think Carnival sounds the big ship horn but I know that we have heard Royal Caribbean toot that big thing a time or two!! :)

We usually hang out on our balcony as well during the sail away from the ports. Usually, we are pooped and taking naps anyway!! :D I too, love to watch the stragglers run to make the ship. I don't think Carnival sounds the big ship horn but I know that we have heard Royal Caribbean toot that big thing a time or two!! :)

Carnival sounded the horn when we were leaving if there was another boat in port then we had "battle of the horns" that was really kind of fun! People from both ships running to the side to wave and act crazy (with drink in hand of course)!

Sounds exactly like what we do!!!!!! We have never gone up on the decks for the sailaways. Would much rather be on my balcony!!!!

24 more hours and we will be aboard the Spirit!!!!!:) :) :) :)

I have heard of "sail away parties" on deck and just wondered what it was all about! Have a GREAT trip!

When you're in steerage, with no balcony--the ships that have a band on deck for sailaway,provide a most pleasant portion of the day.

If you're part of a group with scattered cabins, nice place to meet and plan your evening.( there's still time to tend to your DW on the balcony)

I must say I enjoy the sail away parties. Like MrPete said, Disney does it with style. In '03 we couldn't get to Grand Cayman so we made a beeline to Cozumel. We arrived @ 10 pm and had a sail 'in' party, which was lots of fun.It was different watching the land get bigger instead of smaller. And of course when leaving we had a sail away party too the next night. If memory serves, the music was supplied by the Charles Marshal Band. They were very good.

We left St Martin just after Grand Princess. We tried playing Marco Polo with the people on their decks, but they would not respond. Meeting other ships in port is fun. In fact, the Princess tooted several times, left an hour late and I heard still was without 2 passengers.

The sail away we attended was so entertaining to say the least! One woman we watched had imbided in several drinks of the day (and more) after early boarding, her husband kept trying to get her to go to the cabin as she continually slipped off the barstool. She would turn give him a what for! (with sign language) and order another drink. We didn't see her the rest of the cruise but were sharing this story with a new friend one evening and he said OMG that was my aunt! Said it took her a couple of days to recover but had a nice time for the remainder of the cruise.

I have heard of "sail away parties" on deck and just wondered what it was all about! Have a GREAT trip!

I always plan a sail away party with my fellow CC'rs. We usually have it on deck becuase there are to many to have in the cabin. It's lots of fun. We get champagne and confetti ( I got in trouble on the Spirit for the confetti oops:p ) and have a great time celebrating the start of our vacation with my new freinds, course they feel like old freind cuz we chat on line forever.

When we were leaving Port Canaveral on the Fantasy last year we barely knew the ship was moving. We had decided to wait till some of the people had left the muster drill before we went to put our life jackets away, so we went and stood on an outside deck on the Lido deck. There were only 3 or 4 other people with us on the whole deck. And after a minute or two we realized that either the disney ship was moving or we were and it was us. I was a little disapointed as I kinda expected a Love Boat sailaway, but it was exciting anyway. This year, I hope to be on my own balcony when we sailaway!

Archived