Big Solo Turnout on 10/8 NCL Majesty

gxchan

Hi All,

I just got off NCL's Majesty today from a 13-day cruise and was really surprised by the large number of solo cruisers on this ship, at least 20 I met or heard of. My only other experience was in Alaska last year where I was the only solo woman and there was one solo guy. While I am not able to recommend NCL's Majesty, people who have regularly taken this cruise say it regularly attracts a number of solo cruisers. Just thought I would pass that along.

The Majesty, while a good size ship for me, needs to be dry docked for repairs. There are too many problems to go into but a couple of lowlights: I had brown water everyday, no matter how long I allowed it to run, everyone I spoke with had brown water on and off during the entire cruise; keycards (mine and others) wouldn't work properly; I didn't have hot water for a couple of days; my cabin guy disliked me on sight and the assumption is because I was a woman traveling solo. The crew seemed overwhelmed by similar complaints from other passengers and stopped listening to what the passenger they were speaking with was actually saying, so they would respond, if at all, inappropriately. Example: I said I didn't have hot water, I was told to let it run and it would turn cold. Again, I said my problem was no hot water and was told in a snotty tone to let it run and it would turn cold. I knew the ship was older but I was on the Dream (a couple of years younger than the Majesty) and it was in excellent condition; I wasn't prepared for the poor condition of the Majesty or the inability of the management/crew to deal with the problems. If they dry dock it, clean it up and repair it, I think it would be a good ship but I won't sail on it again.

I've got my RC Serenade cruise for Panama booked and am now looking forward to it. Alas, that is a whole year away! Bummer!

How you are doing with the bar exam?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived