Looking for places to eat an authentic Cayman lunch.

ncboys

We're going to GC in 2 weeks and have the day filled with a trip to Hell, the Turtle Farm and a little snorkeling. Here's my question: As a person who loves cooking, I really enjoy trying new and exciting foods when I travel. I like trying new things and things that aren't traditionally found at home. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations where I could find conch and maybe even turtle? (I dont know if i'll be able to eat turtle after visiting the turtle farm, but I'll see how I feel about it when I get there. Please don't flame me for wanting to try turtle. It's a highly recomended local dish.) Any other local dishes I may be overlooking?

I've heard of "The Lobster Pot" which serves both dishes, but it's rated as one of the most expensive resturants on GC. (It averages about $35 US for an entre for lunch) I know most restaurants on GC are expensive, but I was hoping to find a place 'slightly' less expensive than $35 per person for lunch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Doug :)

Archived