buying jewelry in Cancun

glentally

Can anyone recommend a store to buy gold chains and bracelets in Cancun?

We will be there on an all inclusive and need to rplace some things that were recently stolen.

One last question, is Mexico a good place to get a deal on gold or is all gold based on worldwide market price whereas I can get the same thing here in the states?

Glen

Cancun isn't really known for it's deals in gold jewelry. What you might find are some unusual hand crafted pieces, whether they are a deal or not depends on how much you like them. (and even for something like that I might opt to go to cozumel instead).

Plaza Caracol has a fine jewelry shop that has been in business for many years. It is located to the left of the entrance that looks like the front of the mall (there are side entrances and a rear entrance).

both gold and silver are sold by weight in Mexico (least the shops I have been in).

I HIGHLY recommend Alexander's jewelry in the Kukulkan plaza. Ask for Manuel or Miguel. We have a timeshare in Cancun and also happen to love jewelry. We have been buying jewelry from Manuel and Miguel for about 7 years. They are honest, great guys who have great stuff. If you want a custom item made, they can do that too, and at a reasonable cost. Tell them Michelle from Tucson, AZ sent you and you will probably get a better price.

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Archived