2 kids, 2 cabins

frameking

Cruising on the miracle 7-24, with my wife, son,(16), and daughter(13). We booked a suite for DW and I, and an inside cabin for the kids 4 cabins away (tried to get them across the hall). My question is, will carnival be okay with 2 adults in one cabin, and 2 kids in another? (Our docs show different set up)
8 days!!!

tHEY ARE FINE WITH IT AS LONG AS THE PARENTS CABIN IS NEAR BY.....i JUST BOOKED A CRUISE FOR MY BOSS AND HER TWO TEENAGE DAUGHTERS AND THE PVP THAT i SPOKE WITH SAID THAT IT WAS NO PROBLEM ....HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST ....MY HUSBAND AND i ARE FROM mA ALSO AND WE ARE DRIVING TO NYC FOR AN OCTOBER 6TH LEGEND CRUISE ....CAN'T WAIT ....HAPPY SAILING :)BONNIE

What happens is they assign 1 adult per cabin. After you board you then just put the kids in the inside cabin but either you or your spouse has to be assigned to it as well. All cabins need 1 adult assigned for the paperwork. When we cruise we do the same thing and have not had any trouble at all.

On Norweigian the room key is your credit card, which creates a problem when your teen has your "adult" key, & you have his "soda" key (especially when he is 15 but looks 19). Is the sign & sail card also the room key on Carnival?

According to Carnival's website it is alright for children to travel in their own stateroom as long as it is documented that they are traveling with their parents.

From Carnival's website:

"How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

1) Parents that are traveling with their children in different staterooms. The bookings must be cross-referenced and documented that they are parents and children traveling together..."

Hi,

Just came off of the Legend with my 2 daughters, same situation,they were in a cabin 2 down from us. Docs read adult/child in each cabin.

As soon as i got on board i went to the pursers desk and had the room switched to show 2 DD in 1 room and DH and I in the other. No problem at all, i think they do this a lot.

Beth

i am going on miracle 8/21 - my nephew is coming (21) with his girlfriend (19) - carnival has shown the documents where he is in room with an adult and his girlfriend in other room with other adult - but where does the luggage go - if his girlfriend is suppose to be with him, her luggage with show up in other room - are the luggage tags already have room numbers on them or do u put the room number on yourself

The luggage will go where you direct it to go using your luggage tags. Put her tags on her luggage with her cabin number where she will be staying. The porters wont be asking for identification for you luggage...you just hand it over. (plus tip..lol)

Our upcoming Destiny cruise will be the fourth cruise we've booked this year with our children in different cabins. Documents don't have to have an adult in each cabin as long as the parents of the children are on the ship as well. Carnival will, however, issue documents with an adult in each cabin if one of the children does not have their parent on board, such as when a friend travels along. Our documents have always been issued with our children in one cabin and my husband and I in another......

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=3][color=red]We have done this twice in the past with no problems. We didn;t have to switch cabins or keys or anything. We simply booked them that way.[/color][/size][/font]

Archived