Dream-freestyle dining a joke!

graymadeb

We were also on the 10-14 sailing on the Dream and was very disappointed in the service. We had to wait a few times to be seated, but the main problem was the length of time it took to complete the meal. There was one night that we were able to get in and eat & out in a little over an hour, the rest of the time we were lucky to be out in 2 hours, which made us late for the early show in the showroom.We had one waiter that wasn't very good but the rest we had no problems with. I think the problem was with the kitchen, they seemed very slow to get the food out & a couple of times we didn't get all the food we ordered.

Also trying to eat in the Sports bar was usaully a joke, it is too small for a buffett & being combined with a bar doesn't help. It was almost always so crowded that you couldn't hardly get around an usually couldn't find a table without just standing around and waiting for someone to leave.

The other thing I did not care for about the ship was there is almost no shaded areas around the pool. There are a few tables that have unbrellas, but not many.

On the positive side.....it's still a cruise and overall we had a good time, but probably won't do this ship again.

Doug

That's cool , so where are your negative comments?

I'd like to read them. Thanks -- Glenn

Shoreguy picked out some of my nicer negative comments. Believe me, I have really hit NCL hard especially in the area of corporate management and shoreside customer service, where I really think that they have serious problems. (In a nutshell I think the NCL execs are inept and the Customer Service department gives people incorrect information just to save a buck or shut them up.)

On the other side of the coin, I have always been a big supporter of NCL's ships and crews and the Freestyle concept. I think they have clean ships, great itineraries, fantastic crew members and have never been disappointed on board. There will always be one or two bad crew members, but the vast majority are great. The Freestyle Concept of eating WHEN you want, WHERE you want, with WHO you want and dressed HOW you want is fantastic.

You want my worst experience with NCL, check out this thread where they switched our cabins: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=330949

• 3 weeks later...
Having spent two wonderful cruises on the Dream I can confidently say that, if you are happy to share a table with fellow cruisers, you will have little or no wait for a table at dinner, certainly in Terraces. We've only experienced one LONG wait for dinner (in over 20 days on the Dream) but we weren't planning on going anywhere else :rolleyes:. We would have been seated quicker had we not wanted a table for just the 3 of us.

Exactly right. On 26 nights on the Dream, we never made a reservation (except for Bistro) and never waited more than 5-10 minutes. Freestyle worked fine.

The only difficulty we encountered in dining was in the undersized buffet (Sports Bar) where tables were hard to find, but we handled that by asking couples seated at tables for four if we could join them. The answer was always "yes" and we made some nice friends that way.

Attn: fellow undercover NCL employees:

Ok' date=' does everyone have their assignments for Thursday's staff meeting? We need to have our plan in place, to make dwrist's april cruise perfect, by next weekend. As many of us will be off on our "comped" cruises in the next few weeks. After that we need to get back here to start accumulating those "Good Faith" points towards our next free cruise.

CC:

Shoreguy

Seahorse

Host Cecilla

Electricron

Zeno

CrusinMatt

MikeKaye

NMNita

Regards,

PE[/quote']

Could you guys add this to your agenda? I would like a free upgrade (NCL Majesty cabin 4063, Dec. 23-30, W. Caribbean). A nice fruit basket and a bottle of Pinot Grigio would be swell!

Attn: fellow undercover NCL employees:

Ok' date=' does everyone have their assignments for Thursday's staff meeting? We need to have our plan in place, to make dwrist's april cruise perfect, by next weekend. As many of us will be off on our "comped" cruises in the next few weeks. After that we need to get back here to start accumulating those "Good Faith" points towards our next free cruise.

CC:

Shoreguy

Seahorse

Host Cecilla

Electricron

Zeno

CrusinMatt

MikeKaye

NMNita

Regards,

PE[/quote']

I wasn't CC'd on this employee memo but I'm sure that it was due to the fact that you all knew I was out of the office for a few days on a recognizance mission for dwrist's upcoming cruise. Since dwrist and I are from the same great state of Minnesota, I have special detail duty of secretive operative duties of which I cannot share here. Suffice to say, the mission is going well. Good job and congratulations for a great team effort! I'm sure that headquarters in Miami is pleased.

I have been on two NCL cruise (Sea & Dream) and are going on the Sun this month. I never had a problem on the Dream with service or lines. I think it depends on when you go. I you go when its a holiday or school is out there are going to be more people on board.

I love freestyle and NCL.

Archived