Anyone played tournament Hold em on Mariner lately?

Yes, I sailed on the Mariner a few weeks ago 9/30-10/8. I played in the tournament on Saturday. You pay $50 and get a short stack of $1,000 in chips. They start at $25 & $50 blinds and go up from there every 15 minutes. Needless to say with the short stack starting unless you are a savy player and or catch a winning hand in the first few you go out pretty quickly. If you get to $200 in chips or less in the 1st 30 minutes, you can re-buy $1,000 for another $25 and everyone else can "add on" at the end of $30 minutes. The tables are set for 7 players and the table winner only gets into the final table.

It was fun but expensive and fast. I was the 2nd person out in my first round and bought in for the 2nd. End result, $150.00 in poker spent in about 30 minutes. Could have bought 42.85 beers instead. :(

They do have a cahs game going most every night in the cigar club (can't spell the real name) but I never toook avanntage.

Hope this helps!

Dick

Archived