3 Weeks til cruising and....

Cruisin'40

I'm still fat:mad: I had hoped to dump a chunk of chub by the cruise but it didn't happen. I have been doing better these last few days and am planning on doing my best to control my eating and excercise so I hope to lose a few pounds by then, but not going to fast or anything.

I know it's superficial but I have a MUCH better time on my cruises if I'm thinner.

So keep trying to do your best and enjoy yourself on your trip. And you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and beating yourself up. Ok, if you want to keep up with that mindset, face reality: there will be a lot of other people who are just like you and they are going to be having fun and there you'll be, feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't lose weight. You should pride yourself on the choices you make that our good, instead of the ones that are bad.

I'm sorry if this is too harsh for you but you need to face reality. Don't lose out on having fun just because of your attitude.....Menina

I'm still fat:mad: I had hoped to dump a chunk of chub by the cruise but it didn't happen. I have been doing better these last few days and am planning on doing my best to control my eating and excercise so I hope to lose a few pounds by then, but not going to fast or anything.

I know it's superficial but I have a MUCH better time on my cruises if I'm thinner.

What Meinina said!

Just eating well & exercising between now & the cruise (& actually DURING the cruise - within reason - don't deprive yourself!) can change your whole outlook & how you feel about how you look.

Good luck & good cruising!

Sha

I have recently lost 14 lbs. I have 20 lbs to go. And it's not easy. Specially since I am going to Hawaii in December with my skinny little sister who is a size 6! Actually she motivates me, cause she lost 40 pounds in the past year.

BUT, being healthy is the most important thing. Sometimes when I get in the "I'm fat, I'm useless" mode" I try to kick my attitude right in the butt and avoid the negativity. It's tough, cause I think women are somehow programmed to beat ourselves up mentally.

Anyway, I just try to focus on the positive and be glad that I am making progress, that I am healthy, and that I'm able to go on a great vacation.

For example: I look back at my calendar and I look at all the days that I exercised. (I highlight all those days). And I have exercised more days than not. So that is a good thing, regardless of the scale.

Also, you can focus on other things, too. Get a great new haircut or some fabulous new sandals or earrings or something for your vacation. Do something to make yourself feel pretty, cause I'm sure you are :).

Archived