Grand Suite or Owner Suite on Adventure of the Seas?

cme4ltc

We are currently booked for a 1-28-07 cruise on AOS. My sister is turning 50 and we want this to be a once in a lifetime cruise. Is it worth upgrading to the OS? Currently with the GS we will not have a sleeper sofa, and she wants the queen bed. Afterall, it is her birthday! By going up to the OS, I will be able to sleep on the queen sofa bed. Just not sure we are right in spending an extra $1600 for this cruise. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

We are currently booked for a 1-28-07 cruise on AOS. My sister is turning 50 and we want this to be a once in a lifetime cruise. Is it worth upgrading to the OS? Currently with the GS we will not have a sleeper sofa, and she wants the queen bed. Afterall, it is her birthday! By going up to the OS, I will be able to sleep on the queen sofa bed. Just not sure we are right in spending an extra $1600 for this cruise. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

$1,600 is a lot of money in my opinion. If I were you, I would stick with the Grand Suite and use the $1,600 for a few trips to the spa, some nice wine and mixed drinks, and some fun excursions! You already get concierge service with the Grand Suite so I would stick with that!

I thought all the grand suits have a sleeper sofa.

On our last cruise on the AOS, my in-laws had booked the GS and were upgraded to the OS. My husband and I had booked the JS and were upgraded to the GS. There wasn't a lot of difference between the two and in fact, the deck on the OS was actually smaller than that of the GS. The only differences I remember were that there was actually a small, round table with two chairs for dining in the OS and you get a bidet with the OS. I think the OS is a bit bigger, but if it's just the two of you, I can't see paying the extra $$. Just my 2 cents anyway...

When we booked the GS there were only two cabins availabe, both without sleeper sofas. By looking at the pictures, I am not sure where you would put the rollaway. Afterall, that is why we book the GS for the larger room. And since this is our 1st RCI, I doubt that we would get upgraded before someone that has sailed previously with this line.

Dang - save the money! Do something more wild with it rather than a few extra feet and a different bed.

On the Adventure of the Seas.........I would stick with the Grand Suite. Some ships have set up the OS with more space in the bedroom area, and have taken it away from the living room area. That was just poor planning on their part, and for that, we will not sail on certain RCCl ships. The Adventure is one of them.

Rick

Archived