#### LIVE FROM THE CORAL #### (Starting 10/23)

JotWorld

Bill, thank you for taking us along with you. I know it wouldn't be easy to be thinking about posting as often as you did, especially due to the limitations you mentioned, but you were wonderful and we all appreciated it. Please, Bill, if there is anything you can suggest for excursions for the "heat-weary" folks like me, who will be doing a similiar cruise in April, I greatly would appreciate it. I know you survived and from the sounds of it, it was very hot....If you hear people talking about wonderful, air conditioned excursions, please keep us in mind.

Thanks again, Bill...have a wonderful second cruise.

Eileen

The Last Supper - LIVE from the CORAL Princess

Had a Great Table for two #85 at the Window, w/ Grabrella from Romaina(Good) Will Have a Great Table for Two #94 at Window w/ Alex starting tomorrow at 6:00PM, waited 10 days for this table ;) .

Started with Seafood in an Avacodo(Excellent);then Asparagus Puree Soup; (Great); then Salad w/ vinegarette(Good); then I had Prime Rib MR for the 3rd time this trip, Wow, just Awesome, everyone of the 3 can't be beat, Perfect, if you like Prime rib, Don't miss it (IMHO):D Then, chocolate, cream cake with Choc Rice Crispies on top (Great) w/ 2 scoops od Rubard IC(Yummy) Later......... My Best! Bill

LIVE fron The CORAL PRINCESS

Bill' date=' thank you for taking us along with you. I know it wouldn't be easy to be thinking about posting as often as you did, especially due to the limitations you mentioned, but you were wonderful and we all appreciated it. Please, Bill, if there is anything you can suggest for excursions for the "heat-weary" folks like me, who will be doing a similiar cruise in April, I greatly would appreciate it. I know you survived and from the sounds of it, it was very hot....If you hear people talking about wonderful, air conditioned excursions, please keep us in mind.

Thanks again, Bill...have a wonderful second cruise.

Eileen[/quote']

My Pleasure, Thanks for coming along. Will do, also be sure & ask me again, next week if I forget. The Panama Canal by Boat sounds like it will be cool, I'm going on it now for sure, per my lunch mates today, will report back, after we take it & others. It was hot at the Beach Yesterday, that's why I fizzled out early last night, I'm not in my 30's anymore(or 40's or 50's:( ) like Tony:D My Best! Bill

Well, not being in your 30's, 40's, or 50's even, must explain it!! Neither am I !!:eek: . In my younger years I grew up in New York where the heat and humidity in the summer sounds very much like Panama...didn't bother me in the least. Then, in my young adult life I lived in the San Fernando Valley, CA. where the temps rose to 114 F. sometimes...still, it didn't really get to me (although we did have air conditioned cars and homes). NOW that I am in my (young) 60's....something's definitely broken in my body (my thermometer) and I simply cannot take the heat ! Who knew:confused: .

I'll be in touch if you forget. Thanks again.

Eileen

I'm just as Bad as Tony Posting from Land(Delray), awaiting the Verdict:( on my tooth in 30 minutes, got to leave here in 10 minutes to see him at Noon! ;)

Coral Princess Update

Rainy & Sad Faces this AM, we we're the Only ones still smiling,(Well Maybe Only Irene):D The Ship was cleared about 9am , a little late, we got in alittle late this AM. Maybe 7:30?

The Ship left Cozumel at 10PM last night 3 hours late(Mech Problems the Capt Said). Will write later tonight with an Update of Leg#2 Panama Canal on the Lovely Coral Princess! (Boy it's nice having Hi Speed internet again)

MY Best! Bill:)

LIVE from The DELRAY BEACH, FL LIBRARY:D

Bill, Glad to hear you are getting a quick fix on the tooth. It's nice that you know the dentist......that makes it all a little easier. We had the same dentist for over 20 years in Calif and he had us really spoiled. Been back in Texas for almost two years and still haven't found a dentist I like.

Those tables sound like good tables. Would like to try for one of them on our cruise Dec. 2. I think you said you did anytime dining......am I right? Maybe we will try to reserve one of the tables at least a couple of times. Can you reserve the same table every night if you want to? If you go to a speciality restrurant one night you just cancel the table in anytime for that night and don't lose any other nights after that??? Course, we may only be able to get it once or twice.

Would like to hear about which tours in each port are the best. We reserved the Taste of Jamaica & Bennefield Estate tour for Jamacia;the Panama Canal by boat; the Costa Rica & It's Capital City, San Jose; Grand Cayman Island Highlights; and then in Cozumel we are just going to relax at the Playa Mia Beach Break. Are any of the other tours at our ports better than these? We still have time to change if we want to.

Glad to hear the beds in the mini suites are good.

Hope to see some more reports from you, but first of all, have fun!

Char

Well' date=' not being in your 30's, 40's, or 50's even, must explain it!! Neither am I !!:eek: . In my younger years I grew up in New York where the heat and humidity in the summer sounds very much like Panama...didn't bother me in the least. Then, in my young adult life I lived in the San Fernando Valley, CA. where the temps rose to 114 F. sometimes...still, it didn't really get to me (although we did have air conditioned cars and homes). NOW that I am in my (young) 60's....something's definitely broken in my body (my thermometer) and I simply cannot take the heat ! Who knew:confused: .

Eileen[/quote']

Eileen............Sounds like you and I are in the same boat (pun intended....LOL!). I think my thermometer is broken, too. We are also in the same age bracket. I just hope the tours we take have good a/c. Especially if we keep the tour we reserved of Costa Rica and it's capital. That is a 2 1/2 to 3 hr. ride each way. I asked Bill to post if he had ever taken some of the tours we have reserved so I hope he can find time to answer. Will understand if he can't though.

One month from today I will be heading to the port :)

Char

:confused: Your doing the same cruise again? Yup, We love Cruising & the Coral Can't be beat!

How fun... We have thought someday of doing that.

Do you get a better rate(No, not unless it is a combined cruise, w/ segments), and do you have to leave the ship, or can you stay on?(You can stay on or leave your choice, with some special rules on the off/on day) NOw you can do the things you didn't on the 1st (Yup & Get right what we missed, or did wrong the 1st Time)... How fun!!! "m so jealous... except i will be going in FEB!! YEA:D

Thanks for coming along! Bill

Hey Bill. . . how's the tooth? I lost a crown on the last day of a cruise once. It's not a good feeling to have most of your tooth missing, but I'm happy yours didn't hurt. Your problem reminded me to pack a emergency dental repair kit in my "what not" kit. If I bring it, I'll never need it. But if someone else does, I'll be able to help them out.

I've read some negative comments about the beds on Princess. It appears some of their ships have had the mattresses replaced. As the current passenger, how are the beds on the Coral? Did you need to ask for the 'egg-crate' mattress top?

I'm going on the Coral on Dec. 2 and just want to know what to expect.

Thanks, reading your 'diary' has been very interesting.

Sue Ann

Hi Again Sue Ann,

Ok, just got done with a 4 hour nap:D in our "Downgraded" Cabin/Bed, in a Reg Balc Cabin, the Upgraded linen is on the Beds, the better sheets, Duvet(Same as in the Mini-Suites) & Very comfortable bed for me, as good as the Mini, but not sure if it is the same, didn't check the labels:( Sorry!

Seems just as thick though, but everyone has a different idea of what they like in Mattresses;) No egg-crate needed (IMHO):) My Best! Bill

LIVE from the CORAL

Well' date=' not being in your 30's, 40's, or 50's even, must explain it!! Neither am I !!:eek: . In my younger years I grew up in New York where the heat and humidity in the summer sounds very much like Panama...didn't bother me in the least. Then, in my young adult life I lived in the San Fernando Valley, CA. where the temps rose to 114 F. sometimes...still, it didn't really get to me (although we did have air conditioned cars and homes). NOW that I am in my (young) 60's....something's definitely broken in my body (my thermometer) and I simply cannot take the heat ! Who knew:confused: .

Eileen[/quote']

Hi Eileen, (My Mother's Middle Name):) OK, we're about the Same age;) I'm very Young also;), but my body is slowing down, Never Did like the Heat/Humidity. Was in the 70s in So Fla today, buth that was in Constant Gully Washers(ie Very Hvy Rain). Will Keep you updated with Heat/A/c info!

Thanks! Bill

LIVE From the CORAL!

My husband lost a crown the day before in Galveston. Called our dentist and we bought some dental glue..

It worked for a few days, then the crown fell out ,and then on the floor...:eek: YUK... I told my husband ,, done!! :(

Poor guy had to go the rest of the cruise being very careful... and we drove home.. to k.c. missouri...

we took 2 days... but he survived....

Bill, hope your tooth is much better... Too bad they don't have a dentist on some of the ships that are out for a long period of time... esp. with more higher age group...

that would be nice and convient...

enjoy the food!!

Bill, Glad to hear you are getting a quick fix on the tooth. Yup, Dr Ross did a Great job at Noon, only about 30 mins, Completely Rebuilt the tooth & Filling with a composite, good as New;) , for only $195.00 & No Tip:D Wow what a Deal. (That filling was from when I was a Child in the 50's)

.........................................................................................

Those tables sound like good tables. Would like to try for one of them on our cruise Dec. 2. I think you said you did anytime dining......am I right?

Correct, & you can Reserve if you come early at the Same time everynite within a 15 Min window, I believe(No problem going to an alternate restaurant, either, they will just give someone else your table after about 15-20 min, you don't need to let them know ahead, but you can;) )

Maybe we will try to reserve one of the tables at least a couple of times. Can you reserve the same table every night if you want to? If you go to a speciality restrurant one night you just cancel the table in anytime for that night and don't lose any other nights after that??? Course, we may only be able to get it once or twice.

Would like to hear about which tours in each port are the best. We reserved the Taste of Jamaica & Bennefield Estate tour for Jamacia;the Panama Canal by boat; the Costa Rica & It's Capital City, San Jose; Grand Cayman Island Highlights; and then in Cozumel we are just going to relax at the Playa Mia Beach Break. Are any of the other tours at our ports better than these? We still have time to change if we want to.

Taste of Jamaica- Excellent Restaurant, but no A/C, Very Hot most of the time, a Good Tour, did it last leg. Panama Canal by Boat, This leg: Stay tuned for my Live Review, it Should be Great!:D Costa Rica & Capital City, I heard some good things over dinner, but maybe a little long? GC Hightlights- We heard Excellent to Good, Playa Mia, this trip will report;) , Also Bamboo Beach(A new beach in Jamacia)this next stop in 2 Days - Will Report. You Can always change up until the day before, check Patter for times they vary! Thanks for coming along! Bill

Glad to hear the beds in the mini suites are good. And ih the Reg Balc as well as noted in prior post

Hope to see some more reports from you, but first of all, have fun! Will do, & Thank you! Bill

Char

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

Bill, Get the darn tooth fixed and relax!! I can't believe you already spent this much time with us!!

Thank you so much!!

Dianne

I did & it's "Good To Go":D !

Will do!;)

& THanks for coming along, Leg#2 is just beginning:D

My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

Hey Bill. . . how's the tooth? I lost a crown on the last day of a cruise once. It's not a good feeling to have most of your tooth missing, but I'm happy yours didn't hurt. Your problem reminded me to pack a emergency dental repair kit in my "what not" kit. If I bring it, I'll never need it. But if someone else does, I'll be able to help them out.

Hi, The tooth is Great, Dr Ross did a top good, as always!:D

"Dental Repair Kit", are you serious, never heard of such a thing?:confused:

Please tell us, all about it, OK?

Thanks again for coming along! Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

My husband lost a crown the day before in Galveston. Called our dentist and we bought some dental glue..

It worked for a few days, then the crown fell out ,and then on the floor...:eek: YUK... I told my husband ,, done!! :(

Poor guy had to go the rest of the cruise being very careful... and we drove home.. to k.c. missouri...

we took 2 days... but he survived....

Bill, hope your tooth is much better... Too bad they don't have a dentist on some of the ships that are out for a long period of time... esp. with more higher age group...

that would be nice and convient...

enjoy the food!!

Hi mstea,

A DDS onboard would surely give some piece of mind;) , especially on that 58 Days & 102 Days comming up on the Pacific Princess in 07 & 08. We will both have our Teeth looked at inside & out b/4 those two, for sure. :D (But you never know):( Thank you for your story! & I will for sure. Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

Hi Bill. . . there a two products that were recommended by my dentist. Tempanol (sometimes called Temperin) or DenTemp. You can get a kit made by DenTek that contains temporary filling material (Temperin), that can also be used to secure loose crowns, and toothache medication. Chances are you aren't going to need it but handy to have just in case.

Hi Bill. . . there a two products that were recommended by my dentist. Tempanol (sometimes called Temperin) or DenTemp. You can get a kit made by DenTek that contains temporary filling material (Temperin), that can also be used to secure loose crowns, and toothache medication. Chances are you aren't going to need it but handy to have just in case.

Hi Stacy, Thanks for the update & Info, will make a note & pack that for the Next Trip 11/29.;) Also the other CCer's will thank you too!:D My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

Thank you so much for all your wondering postings...we are sailing on the Coral Feb 17th to the Panama Canal so really have been loving all the info you have provided...have fun on your next "leg"!!!!

Thank you for coming along:), you will love the Canal trip in Feb, we did it on the Island Princess in Feb 04. Can be rainy though, but it wasn't for us:D

My Best! Bill

LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS

Archived