#### LIVE FROM THE CORAL #### (Starting 10/23)

JotWorld

Dinner at Table 93, Bordeaux W/ Alex(Tops)

Started with Beef Broth w/fine shaved carrots(Nice), then leaf lettuce w/honey vinegarette(good), Prime Rib MR(Perfect, Wow even better than the other night) 2 nights in 5 Days;) w/ Fresh Vegies, baked tomato &

sm Corn muffin & cut potatoes(Nice assortment) & Then.......... The Love

Boat, WOW, that s/b Illegal:D A another Great Meal, when will they stop,

before my clothes need alterations:eek: cut...................... Bill

Bill, Enjoying your posts. Would like to hear your take on excursions in Limon, Costa Rica. We are thinking about the Costa Rica & it's capital city, San Jose. Is it worth a 2 1/2 - 3 hr. ride on a bus each way? What about the countryside by train and eco cruise?

Hubby wants to know if bananas foster/flambe is served anywhere on the Coral. He will go to a speciality restrurant just for that ........... :)

Char

Bill, Enjoying your posts. Would like to hear your take on excursions in Limon, Costa Rica. We are thinking about the Costa Rica & it's capital city, San Jose. Is it worth a 2 1/2 - 3 hr. ride on a bus each way? What about the countryside by train and eco cruise? We took the Rain Forest Arial Tram & Excusion w/Lunch in Feb 2004 & thoughly enjoyed it, the Tram & the Lunch;) , But, did not see any of the Wildlife we had hoped to see.:( We are taking the short 3 hr Limon

sightseeing, Bus, it's too Hot for me for anything else right now.

I'm not sure about those particular excusions, so I can't comment, maybe someone else Reading, can help you with those excusions?:confused:

Hubby wants to know if bananas foster/flambe is served anywhere on the Coral. He will go to a speciality restrurant just for that ...........

Char

Will check for you re the flambe & get back soon;)

Thanks for following, Bill LIVE from the Coral!:D

"Curtain Up" at 8:15PM EST, got to go , will report back after..

Also some great piano music playing Now in the lobby Deck 5, we're on Deck 8 Internet Cafe.

Live from the Coral.... Cut... See ya later, Bill

THE SHOW "CURTAIN UP" A Salute To Broadway 8:15 & (10:15)

Well the Place was packed, Irene got there about 35 Minutes early to get good seats, the Early Production Shows are always packed, no prob with the later shows usually, especially on the longer cruises(more than 7 Days)

more "early to bed-er's" on them.:D

Excellent singing, especially the New Young Girl - Josephine Pike, she got an extra long applause, Laurie Miller was good too, as were the two Male singers. The Princess Dancers - Great. I like (Love) Production #'s:D

This Show has been on for several years Now, was on in 2004 on the Grand Trans-Atlantic, loved it then & still do, May see it again on the 11/2 trip;) . It will be retired soon I would think (Every 2 years, is that correct?):confused: Good Night from the Panama Canal & the CORAL Princess LIVE! Have a Great Weekend Everyone! :) Bill

I am also enjoying your posts Bill! We don't sail on the Coral until April, but it sure adds to the anticipation reading about your trip!

Have you heard if the bedding has been upgraded in the regular balcony rooms, and also is the balcony furniture the new stuff?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, we look forward to your posts!!!

Julia:)

Hi folks,

Did the Coral westbound transcanal FLL-YVR in May 06 and there is no restriction on going forward at anytime to the open areas forward on both Baja and Caribe decks.

Even tho' they are marked do not enter and Crew Only you can proceed forward...truly a great spot for the canal transit thru the Gaillard Cut and all sets of locks.

I concur, it is an absolute pleasant joy to watch the transit thru the locks from the aft decks and far less numbers jockeying for position.

One of the inherent problems with the Coral is the fact that she has som much blue tinted glass up top for windbreaks that there is only the area aft and above the Lido Pool Area for clear photos without the blue tinted glass.

Thanks for the postings and enjoy the rest of your voyage on Coral. Give my regards to Gavin :) (CD), Andre :D (Asst CD) and Syriel :cool: (on the CD staff). Cheers and...

Ciao for now!!!

Had a Great Nites sleep & lazy morning in Mini & on Balc, Not quite so Humid this AM & a little Cooler(Need to remember to take one of{Yes, I bring 2 or more:D ;I was a weather man by Training in Marine Corps Aviation} my Thermometers on the Balc);) We like it 65F in the room at nite.:) ccut.............................. BRB Bill

Had a Great Nites sleep & lazy morning in Mini & on Balc, Not quite so Humid this AM & a little Cooler(Need to remember to take one of{Yes, I bring 2 or more:D ;I was a weather man by Training in Marine Corps Aviation} my Thermometers on the Balc) We like it 65F in the room at nite. cut.............................. BRB Bill

The Internet attendant, just rebooted all 13 CPU's, he believes it helps some of the Freeze - ups & premature:D Shut downs;) We are in Limon until 6:00PM, Irene & I are going on a 1:30 short sightseeing A/C Bus $30 PP , Tomorrow will be at Sea & Then Grand Cayman, & Cozumel, Sea & (FTL:( DDS Day:( ) cut........................................ BRB Bill

Will check for you re the flambe & get back soon

Thanks for following, Bill LIVE from the Coral!

GM Char, I asked Suzanne(since 1997) at the La Pastiere(SP?) on Deck 5 where I get my Hi Octane in First AM, she said they Stopped All Flambe` several years ago, as it was Deemed too Dangerous:eek: :eek:

But she believes they still do it on the Tahitian ;) (Anyone else know for sure re TP & maybe PP?) also you won't find them in the Specialties either, tell you Hubby, Sorry:( My Best! Bill

I am also enjoying your posts Bill! We don't sail on the Coral until April, but it sure adds to the anticipation reading about your trip!

Have you heard if the bedding has been upgraded in the regular balcony rooms, and also is the balcony furniture the new stuff?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, we look forward to your posts!!!

Julia:)

GM Julia, Thank you for going along with us:) The New furniture is everywhere I looked;) It is very nice, White Composite Frames & Nice Blue

Webbing? of sorts, much better than the Old Junk:D Will report on the bedding when we go down to our BB in E 737, 11/2, I hope so;) Thanks! Bill

Thanks for the update, Bill. I appreciate you checking out the forward decks for me. After your description, I think we'll skip our excursion at the Canal and enjoy going back through the locks without the crowds.

You're Welcome, it was my pleasure;) Bill

Bill. . .I am gaining wait just hearing about your dinners. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time. Thanks for taking us along with you.

Stacey

GM Stacey, If you think your gaining weight just reading, imagine what I'm doing:eek: :eek: :eek: Thanks for coming along!:D Bill

Hi folks,

Did the Coral westbound transcanal FLL-YVR in May 06 and there is no restriction on going forward at anytime to the open areas forward on both Baja and Caribe decks.

Even tho' they are marked do not enter and Crew Only you can proceed forward...truly a great spot for the canal transit thru the Gaillard Cut and all sets of locks.

I concur, it is an absolute pleasant joy to watch the transit thru the locks from the aft decks and far less numbers jockeying for position.

One of the inherent problems with the Coral is the fact that she has som much blue tinted glass up top for windbreaks that there is only the area aft and above the Lido Pool Area for clear photos without the blue tinted glass.

Thanks for the postings and enjoy the rest of your voyage on Coral. Give my regards to Gavin (CD), Andre (Asst CD) and Syriel (on the CD staff). Cheers and...

Ciao for now!!!

Capt Ron,

Thanks for your Help with this question!;) BTW The CD is Scott Roberts, & the Asst is New also I Believe, will ck & if here Say Hi for you:D My Best! Bill:)

Hi Bill,

I've been with you every day anxiously waiting for your posts. We are going in April and all I can think about is if it is this hot in October, what will it be like in April?? I too have a hard time with the heat and have worried about taking this cruise because of it. Just wondered if you would ask around about any excursions in each of the ports that have air conditioned buses so I can still get off the ship and enjoy being in new places. Any info you can gather would GREATLY be appreciated. Please let us know how the excursion was (heat wise) in Limon.

Happy cruising!!!

sasha'smom

Bill, I leave for a cruise tomorrow and reading your posts has made me feel like I am back on the Coral....I ate a lot of lamb while onboard....it was so good!!! Keep having fun!

Have a Great Cruise along Mexico & enjoy your Baaaaaaa.... , but don't tell Arlene;) :D :D Thank you! See you on our TransAtlantic, Oct '08 on The New Emerald, Yesssss :D Bill

Hi Bill' date='

I've been with you every day anxiously waiting for your posts. We are going in April and all I can think about is if it is this hot in October, what will it be like in April?? I too have a hard time with the heat and have worried about taking this cruise because of it. Just wondered if you would ask around about any excursions in each of the ports that have air conditioned buses so I can still get off the ship and enjoy being in new places. Any info you can gather would GREATLY be appreciated. Please let us know how the excursion was (heat wise) in Limon.

Happy cruising!!!

sasha'smom[/quote']

Hi, thanks for coming aboard;) Oct & Apr are similiar in So Fla, S/B similiar in these areas also. Don't know how I lived in the "Swamp":eek: 35 Years:confused:

Oh, A/C Home to A/C Car to A/C Office to A/C Mall, etc,etc,etc A/C All the Way, I Died when we lost power:eek:. Will check more & let you know, I need to find out if my Boat Ride through the Canal & Lock on 11/2 trip wil be A/C'ed if Not,

I'll have to cancel, 6 to 8(Maybe more) hours in there, I'd Die:eek:. Also will report back about today's A/C Reality. My Best! Bill

Archived