Distance/time to get to town

laceytreigh

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how far/how long it takes, to get into town from the following ports please?

Bangkok

Ho Chi Min City

Nha Trang

Da Nang

Halong Bay

Hong Kong

Kota Kinabalu

Kuching.

Thanks, Tracey.

I can't do them all, but here is what I do know, Please note that these times are from the Pacific Princess and she docks in different places than the Sapphire.

Bangkok - about half an hour to 45 minutes, depending upon whether you're coming from town or the airport.

Saigon was about 60 minutes, but we were on a tour, so the time might be off a little.

Nha Trang was about 15 minutes on the Princess shuttle.

Hong Kong - we docked at a four-story mall in Hong Kong, so we were in town always. It also depends upon what part of Hong Kong you call town.

Hope this helps a little,

Charlie

The Gemini is a much smaller ship than most of the Princess ships. You should be able to dock in Phu My for Saigon. Closer and less transport hassle than docking in Vung Tau.

In Halong Bay, the beauty is in the Bay. Limestone rock croppings all over, floating villages, a large cave and a great beach on one of the little islands. There are also kayaking trips offered all over the Bay. Halong, the town, is an industrial container ship port and not much to see.

Archived